Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

KELLING IMAGES

CELESCOPE

Here's another. This is the setup on the Sunday night.

I think that this is daz playing with the FTL110 - but it could be someone else making asure that the dew sheild is fully extended.

Perseus, milky way and double cluster all visible in the sky (obviously).

300D, 18mm, F4, 68 Seconds, No Filters, ISO1600.

Ant

1376_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this is daz playing with the FTL110 - but it could be someone else making asure that the dew sheild is fully extended.

;)

That pretty much sums Saturday night up right there. If that not picture of the week, then it's definately picture of the weekend. T'riffic pic mate :wink:.

Tony..

m42_20070915_kelling_800.jpg

I keep coming back to Steve's image. It really is beautiful 8)

I particularly like the way the central highlight is smooth, not clipped. It really shows it for what it is - turbulent clouds of gas and dust illuminated from within. Reeealy nice ;)

Wow Martin thats improved it no end. I tried to remove the orange glow, using my usual techniques but what I normally do removed the milky way as well.

What did you do?

Steve's M42 is a cracker, I remember being dragged into a tent relatively early one morning to be confronted with the first draft of that image. I can't repeat the words first used by everyone that went in to look.

It's a stunning image!

Ant

I think next time, there will be a masterclass in image processing - both Rog and Martin!!!

#

Ant - they are wicked pics! That milky way is just awesome!! How the hell do you not get trailing for a 5 minute picture!! :scratch:

Amazing images fellas. Steve's Neb is astounding, I keep going back to it time and time again. You lot really had a good time didn't you!

I feel really sorry for Martin (mpeniak). He is the most hardcore amateur on SGL, who I believe has lost the ability to sleep. Last week his M42 just blew me away, but the Kelling images are just top draw....wouldn't like to be Roger et al next sunday!!!!! :shock:

JV (who wishes he went to Kelling!)

The images that have emerged from the Kelling gathering, have at times bordered on sensational, and any words expressed by me, seem totally inadequate. From Ants Milky Way shot, and right through to SteveL's M42 M45, just leave me with a feeling of awe. Whilst we are fortunate today, to have at our disposal, equipment that makes it all possible, there is no doubt that the key ingredient in the mixture, is the pure dedication of the guys who are doing it. That coupled with a passion for astronomy is what makes the difference.

It' all so bl***y marvellous.

Ron.

People

Would anybody object if I submitted these to the BAS newsletter? You will get full credit of course and a copy of the letter.

If you are happy, PM me your full name and email address and I'll get it done.

Be quick though!!

People

Would anybody object if I submitted these to the BAS newsletter? You will get full credit of course and a copy of the letter.

If you are happy, PM me your full name and email address and I'll get it done.

Be quick though!!

You can do mine if you want Daz

Archived