Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

KELLING IMAGES

CELESCOPE

Guys

Daz's request has triggered off a thought in my mind.

I am giving a brief presentation on Kelling to RKAS.

I was going to use my pics of the site but it would be good if I could show these images. With full credit of course.

Let me know if this is ok

Cheers

Ian

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all had a great time at Kelling Heath and it was good to meet a few of you and put faces to names look forward to the next SGL party. Here is a widefield shot around Deneb i took with a Canon 400D with a 28mm Tokina lens F2.6 at ISO 400 mounted on an AstroTrac TT320.

http://stargazrs.com/BeyondVision/image/1386_large.jpeg

Clear Skies all

Guys

Daz's request has triggered off a thought in my mind.

I am giving a brief presentation on Kelling to RKAS.

I was going to use my pics of the site but it would be good if I could show these images. With full credit of course.

Let me know if this is ok

Cheers

Ian

Again no problems if you want to use mine

I was really chuffed when I saw the output from DSS. But I don't seem to be able to bring out anymore detail without screwing up the right hand side of the image. Not sure what that is ;)

I'm going to upload the 30meg file to my website, so if anyone wants a go I'll post the address.

1388_large.jpeg

Ant

;) quite pleased with this.

THis is 49 frames (should have been 100, but things rarely go to plan :( ) I then added 49 darks and 25 Bias frames. Threw them all into a couldren and this is what I got...

I have learnt more about processing over the last week than ever before - a guy at work (our graphics miricle worker) showed me a few things - which took me about 2 hours this evening to duplicate... But I now have an image that I am very happy with. I am sure that there is more there that could be brought out, but I feel that I have done the best that I can. I will probably rework the image by following some of the primers that Martin has written.

Still some noise to the right - but the darks worked a treat! Cheers for all the advice.

Anyway here is it is... :wink: - need a drum roll smilie!

1406_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived