Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

KELLING IMAGES

CELESCOPE

Hi guys and gals ,

Ok its up to you lot really , but it would be nice for those that are imaging at Kelling to maybe pick the best of their images through the long weekend and submit them here in this thread .

The idea would be to keep them under one roof ,and give others who cant be there a chance to wonder at all your hard efforts ,weather permitting of course.

In doing so , please make sure you enter all the details , exposures time , how many subs, equipment used,etc etc.

Also these can be judged for the image of the week for the next Sunday 23rd.

However there is a down side to this , i hopefully will be coming there on Saturday with Dave aka Centroid, to visit you all , Ok no Boo,s or Hisses please , THE RAIN MAN COMETH, lol.

Any way dont let me down on this , i expect some glowing work from you all , THE PRESSURE IS ON.

Rog ;)

Oh forgot ASTRO IMAGES ONLY PLEASE,

FUN images keep to another thread .

Cheers and thanks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here's my contribution although still got a mars and venus image to finish off.

A fantastic week end all round. Not easy to image with so much going on. Got so distracted on Friday that I forgot to polar align other than initial set up with a compass ;) The guiding struggled to keep pace. Anyone watching me image had a pretty dull time of it since most of the time I was fumbling around and getting in a knot!

M31 - 2 hours of luminence 5 min subs with ZS66 AP 0.67 reducer and SXV H9 on Friday. Saturday I added 30mins worth of 1 min subs for each RGB channel. Only problem was that I didn't check that the camera was properly aligned for Fridays lum. It wasn't so I've had to do a massive crop. So, I have to redo the colour data so I can get the full FOV. The stars aren't right in the LRGB cos of oversharpening using DDP but otherwise am pretty pleased with what I've got so far

image.jpg

1333_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

On Saturday I wanted to do a narrow band bubble but the camera and AO wouldn't fit under the forks so went for the Crescent. AO then stopped talking to Maxim so reverted to coventional guiding NS8 with 0.67 reducer guided by ZS66. SXV H9. 2 hours of 10min subs. Ha filter. Captured with maxim and processed in CS2 plus a little help from Noel's actions. This time I prefer the red version but have included mono

1334_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

image.jpg

Nothing short of brilliant those Martin. I have never had so much inspiration about imaging, until I joined this forum. I am not one bit surprised that people are so keen to join SGL, when they are treated to stuff like this. It's going to be difficult, but I hope I am able to eventually produce images somewhere near as good as this. Brilliant.

Ron. ;)

NGC7023 - Iris Nebula

NS8GPS using MikeP's Celestron 6.3 Focal Reducr (thanks Mike!)

QHY8, 4 x 900s

Guidng via WO66 + DSI-C + PHD

Stacked via DSS, tweaked in PSCS2

Some Radialglow, but for only an hor, I`m happy

ngc7023_20070915_kelling.jpg

and a mono version (QHY8 x4 binning, 12x 300s)

ngc7023_20070915_mono_kelling.jpg

I`m still working on my M45, and of course "that" M42, which might take a while to do it any justice ;)

Archived