NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello SGL

PurpleFringe

Hello everyone,

I've learned a lot from posts and reviews on this forum so first of all - thank you. I have now joined so I can ask questions and maybe contribute something. I've done a bit of observing with binoculars and a bird spotting scope and seen some wonderful things. There's still more I want to see though, especially when I read glowing first light reports. I also want to know everything about telescopes as I am quite fascinated by them. One day hopefully I'll have a proper telescope for astronomy. Anyway that's enough about that. See you in the forum.

Best wishes to you all.

Andrew

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome.

Also thanks for the links - I already have Stellarium installed, I think it's great and it's helped me identify a few things where there wasn't enough detail in my star atlas. I wish it would show moon shadows on Jupiter.

And I seem to have endless capacity to read comparisons between telescope designs. Now I want to experience the differences between these designs first hand.

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum. You can make great progress in learning the sky and viewing objects with the binoculars that you already have, so I thought you might be interested in viewing this website along with this one too. Plenty of object lists and good observing advice that should keep you going when the clouds clear. A scope can get you closer but taking your time in what you get is also important and in preparation for that purchase, I would definitely recommend going along to as many outreach events organised by your local astro club or observing group to get up close to some of the kit that is out there and importantly to have a look through to see if the views offered will meet your expectations.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum!

James

Archived