Totally hooked

Dave73

Hi everyone.

I have always looked at the constellations and sat out in the late evenings watching for shooting stars and the space station but have never owned a telescope so i made a decision to purchase one for my holiday to Cornwall next month.

I decided for my 1st scope to start basic (as had been tempted with a larger scope) so decided to go for the Heritage 76 (3") Mini Dobsonian and i totally love it. I read some where that the best telescope is the one you use the most and i think this will get a lot of use. I could not believe that on my first night i found a small circular object. On further investigation i think it turned out to be M57 in Lyra. I was so supprised to be able to see this nebula through such a small telescope. this totally made my day :-)

I have now sat out two nights in a row till the early hours and feel totally hooked.

Cant wait to go some where with less light pollution.

Dave

(A very happy new astronomer).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I have already got my wife interested and tempted her outside at midnight with a bottle of wine.

Ill keep you all posted on what i see.

Looking forward to Saturn and will try hard not to wake the neighbours :laugh:

Archived