Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

lookin good tonight...

estwing

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to limit my alcohol consumption on clear nights as I know it affects my vision. Unlike my wife, who has managed 3/4 of the bottle of red we had with dinner and will therefore probably be asleep on the sofa within the hour.

James

I try to limit my alcohol consumption on clear nights as I know it affects my vision. Unlike my wife, who has managed 3/4 of the bottle of red we had with dinner and will therefore probably be asleep on the sofa within the hour.

James

mine will do the same but you try putting the xbox on when she's asleep...bolt upright.."i was watching that"! :evil:

Looking promising 'twixt Leeds and Huddersfield

My third light with the newly aquired 10" OO Newt - scope has been out cooling!!

Hey Nibor, where about are you and do you get dark skies? I'm near wakefield, and don't! Need somewhere to take the heritage later.

Hey Nibor, where about are you and do you get dark skies? I'm near wakefield, and don't! Need somewhere to take the heritage later.

Mark,

Unfortunately my skies are not that dark!! Leeds to the North and Huddersfield to the West. Somewhat fortunately my viewing is to the South where there is no major town for some distance. If 10 was ideal and urban was 0 then I would say about 4.5.

See the following thread for discussions re observing near Wakefield

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/136363-wakefield-area/

Hope you can find somewhere suitable soon!!

Looking ok over York so far - only had half a bottle of a nice chilled white wine, so may risk setting up outside :). Forecast doesn't look great over the next few days, so really ought to take advantage tonight....mind you, the other half of that bottle sure looks tempting ;).

Mark,

Unfortunately my skies are not that dark!! Leeds to the North and Huddersfield to the West. Somewhat fortunately my viewing is to the South where there is no major town for some distance. If 10 was ideal and urban was 0 then I would say about 4.5.

See the following thread for discussions re observing near Wakefield

http://stargazerslou...wakefield-area/

Hope you can find somewhere suitable soon!!

Oh Nooooo! just gone out - looks like some high cloud is coming in!!

Sat 24 seems to show that there should be some room for optimism tho'.

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

Opposite neighbour's ziggawatt light flicking on and off is going to make long exposures... interesting...

Damn................i'd forgotten about the house behind me having one of those. Its right in the direction of NE. Although the trees are in their summer bloom so maybe it wont be that bad.

Archived