Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

lookin good tonight...

estwing

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darkening nicely, just switched to 4x longer exposures than earlier. Processing them quickly now to see how it looks for starters... if it stays clear I might even stay up for once! Every other clear night I can remember was before a work day...

Oh Nooooo! just gone out - looks like some high cloud is coming in!!

Sat 24 seems to show that there should be some room for optimism tho'.

http://www.sat24.com/?culture=en

Yep, it's gone here. Clouded over and turned orange. The whole northern sky is washed away by Leeds tonight. Last night you would have thought I was out in the dales. The difference is amazing.

I take my earlier misgivings back. There has been heavy dew and the sky now looks very clear. The Milky Way is already visible, so I might have a go at a wide field shot to the south later.

James

Yep, it's gone here. Clouded over and turned orange. The whole northern sky is washed away by Leeds tonight. Last night you would have thought I was out in the dales. The difference is amazing.

Yep - looked absolutely stunning last night - pity I had to get to bed early last night for an early start today. About 50% cloud cover tonight, and what isn't cloudy is orange - typical, given I can have a lie in tomorrow! I think it'll be one of those nights where I'll just have to nip out into the garden with my bins from time to time.

I've just been observing the Veil with my ED120. Not the best I've seen it but E & W segments reasonably defined with the O-III filter. Tight doubles still not as clean as I'd like but gradually improving. Milky way showing faintly through Cygnus. A "6/10" night at the moment.

Saw half a dozen shooters last night, and only 2 this night, but I did get a nice look at andromeda just now :grin: but then some high cloud decided to ruin the moment....still, there's always tomorrow night, should be good...*fingers crossed*

I've just come in having spent the evening watching for meteors and trying to get some images of the southern end of the Milky Way. Cloud drifting in from the south west and the Moon have connived to spoil the evening though. It's not been too bad, but not stunning either. Had good views of the Milky Way but there was an enormous amount of dew and moisture in the air. Forecast for tomorrow is sunny though so I might take the EQ3-2 out again and re-align it so I can do a bit of solar imaging tomorrow.

James

Bit of an anti-climax here as well, dont think i even got into double figures with the meteors. Best part for me was just scanning through the skies with the binoculars and purely by fluke came across the coat hangar cluster which was cool to see, as well as m13 :D

Took the bins away from my eyes and couldnt see anything around there. It's all but convinced me that saving a bit more and getting a goto scope is going to be the way to go (was going to order a heritage on Monday too :S ). Light pollution is so bad dont even think a telrad will help. Still, a pretty enjoyable night even with the light pollution

Archived