Hi from Somerset

starscape

Hi,

I've recently returned to the UK after teaching space science/astronomy/geography in an international school overseas, and running an outreach programme - star parties, talks, etc. - with a dynamic tourist office. My main interests are lunar and planetary science and the history of manned and unmanned space exploration.

I'm looking to set up a space/astronomy group in the Wells/Mendip area of Somerset, focusing on public education and outreach. More news on this soon. If you're in this area and interested in getting involved, let me know.

Clear skies!

Chris

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lovely area of the UK you're in, Chris and to be honest I think one of my favourite parts of England;, the Summer Lands of Bath, Wells, Glastonbury, Bristol and those gorgeous rolling hills. Sadly, I won't be able to attend to what sounds like a very interesting project. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck and a friendly welcome to SGL.

Archived