Hi everyone.

MarkMayf

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction from me. It's about time I said hello after lurking and soaking up information!

I have only recently become interested in the stars (again!) and after a couple of pairs of returned Celestron Skymasters, I am currently trying to see anything and everything through a pair of Helio Quantum 4 binoculars. What can be seen through a relatively inexpensive pair of binos, is frankly amazing, I feel like a ten year old again!

While I am armed with books, planispheres, umpteen mobile apps and a whole internet I will no doubt have lots of questions. Sorry in advance!

Now all I need is the Yorkshire sky to clear for once!

Thanks

Mark

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. Ask as many questions as you need as there is plenty of practical experience on here to provide you with good information. When it comes to eventually upgrading to a scope, take your time and do the research (with our help!) there's no rush as the stars aren't going anywhere. Getting along to some public observation evenings run by your local astro society will certainly help you make sense of what all those specifications actually mean at the eyepiece.

Clear skies for now

James

Welcome Mark. You're in the right place for answers to any questions you may have. The depth of knowledge here is staggering, and all advice is freely given however basic your question may seem to be.

Good luck :smiley:

Jason

Hi Mark and welcome to the SGL. The SGL is like a perpetual sponge of knowledge and no mater how much you can manage to wring out, there is always much more left so enjoy :grin:

Archived