Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello and greetings to all from a newbie

Malcnascar

hi all I have at last retired and got time for myself to start a new passtime. After waiting years for it I have decided that the only way is up!! I have the time but not the knowledge and look forward to learning from all of the great depth of knowledge I have been seeing whilst peeking at the forum.

Just wanted to say hello so when you see my questions in other areas you will see I am freindly and keen to learn and share as my experience develops.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome from another recient member.

After officially retiring several years ago, and with more leisure time available, I also decided to get back into the hobby. Today we've got it easy, there's is a wealth of information and equipment available as compared to when I started in the 1960s; back then it was mostly a go it alone persuit. Check out the sub forums for a social group in your area, and possible local activities.

It's fun to get together and observe with others.

Cheers

Hi and welcome to SGL .

You've come to the right place if you're looking for astro info and help. There's a wealth of knowledge available to you here. Just ask the questions and the answers appear as if by magic.

Clear skies.

Luke

Hello and welcome to the forum and I hope that you continue to find it interesting and helpful. Astronomers are a friendly bunch and are keen to pass on what they know, so the problem is not 'will I get a response' but more, 'how do I sort all this out' because you are likely to get snowed under with differing responses, but that it the fun. Often there are more way to do something than you may think.

Anyway, from one retiree to another - welcome :kiss:

Archived