Leeds Newbie!

craig1973

Hello all

Just thought i would pop by and say hello:hello2:! totally new to stargazing really,but have been intrested for many years,just ordered myself a skywatcher explorer 130p goto,hopefully should have it next week,seemed like a good starter scope at a good price,is there any other eye pieces that would be benificial to buy?,think i get x2,also i have read a few things about flocking the inside of the scope,is this worth doing?

Also i will need to but a psu,am ok buying any 12v 1a unit with the correct connection?

Cannot wait to get the scope and have a clear sky,the wife thinks im mad!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Craig. I wouldn't bother flocking the tube.

A lot of people use a 12v battery jump starter for the portability aspect, myself included.

You'll easily get an evenings viewing using one and they can be picked up relatively cheaply from the usual stores.

Thanks for all the replies,great advice,just bought a book (the stargazers handbook,an atlas of the night sky) by giles sparrow,theres some amazing images inside,an some very complicated looking diagrams of the night sky.

I didnt realise i would be able to see any nebula or things like that,i take it the scope is quite a good begineers scope then?Really cannot wait for it too arrive.

Archived