NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Stevenage

Pedronski

Hi, I'm Peter from Stevenage. I've a Sky-watcher Sky-liner 200P Dobsonian with 25, 20 and 4mm eyepieces. Finally had some cloudless sky's last weekend. Saw Saturn, Mars and spent the rest of the night learning to navigate the sky. I'm looking forward to the next clear night but the nights are very short and are getting shorter. Light pollution is a problem too. But I'm hoping that the street lights are going to be switched off in my area soon.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Peter, and im glad somebody is getting time to use their equipment :)

To deal with the LP have you looked at a Light Pollution Filter for your scope? I am assuming they are 1.25" EP's?

Take a look at this... http://www.firstlightoptics.com/light-pollution-reduction/skywatcher-light-pollution-filter.html

They do work ;)

And although the nighta are getting shorter it is warmer :D

Welcome to SGL. There's beginning to be quite a gang of us from Stevenage now - if we reach a critical mass of astronomers in Stevenage then perhaps we can dictate when the lights go out & where :)

The lights have been done in my locale but with the main lights on the A602 and on junctions it's still fairly light - though the nearest lights to me are out which is great.

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum. Let's hope that the propose controls on light pollution materialise for you - will make a difference to your viewing doe sure.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum,

James

Hi and welcome fom me,these next few months ar rather light and there's only a couple of hours of darkness, this may sound crazy but just choose one constellation. And study most of he night , try and name each star look for all the objects with in it I did this over a 8month period it's a great way to learn the things that are up there failing that enjoy your scope it a gret one

Cheers Pat

Archived