NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha yes, remind me to avoid any dark sites in Norfolk for the next few weeks!! Nice scope, do hope the sky clears for you.

Thank you, the BBC forecast for our area has changed and is showing *whispers* clear skies for Friday.

Friday is club nights with Norwich Astro; tomorrow is mid-week, almost there!

Thanks,

Chris

Looking at the weather for Friday for our Year 11's prom it says clear from around 4pm and very clear from around 11pm till 6 ish am. So hopefully I'll finish working doing the filming and photographing by 11, home and scope out for 11.30 to cool. May be a 2am session but it'll be SO worth it :clouds2:

Fingers crossed the Met Office are right LOL

Tapped with my own fair fingers on my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The BBC weather page appears to have given up too. The summary for Friday here is showers, but the 3 hourly breakdown looks better.

Oh well, I might get an all nighter in. After going to see 'Battleship' a couple of weeks ago the clouds may be more entertaining anyway.

i'm guessing friday night is going to be clear all afternoon, into the evening right up to the point the sun touches the horizon and then the clouds will race in out of nowhere and park up for the night.

that pretty much describes every sunnyish day we've had in the last 4 weeks here :/

why is it whenever you cant get out you spend all day window shopping for more astro gear you wouldnt be able to use?

Friday night is still looking clear, fingers are now locked in the crossed position.

Yes that's what they said for here when I looked yesterday, but I have woken up this morning, checked the forecast and they've changed it to cloud/sunny intervals :clouds2:

Saturday now looks completely sunny and then clear all night, but no doubt by this time tomorrow it'll be forecast as cloudy/sunny intervals again :icon_scratch:

Yes that's what they said for here when I looked yesterday, but I have woken up this morning, checked the forecast and they've changed it to cloud/sunny intervals :clouds2:

Saturday now looks completely sunny and then clear all night, but no doubt by this time tomorrow it'll be forecast as cloudy/sunny intervals again :icon_scratch:

Same, *sigh*. The weather is just awful in the UK isn't it.

According to the weather forecast for here, the plan is for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights to be clear. Get your beauty sleep in tonight chap(esse)s; it's going to be a tough weekend...

James

It seems like so long ago when I pointed my new scope at the sky, after unwrapping and setting it up for anhour or so before the clouds arrived.I'm not even sure what to start to look at! Will probably do venus/saturn - go for a couple of clusters, beehive, great cluster in hercules, double cluster if it hasn't already set, and m81 and 82, will try for M51 also and then who knows!! The sky is the limit!! That should take me through to 1:30 am

best get off to sleep then!!

Wow... Had the first clear night here in the Chicago area in forever and what a night it was. FINALLY got my 8" Celestron SCT out (Newbie) and got a fantastic view of Saturn. Could see cloud bands on the planet and even the Cassini division in the rings. I think a couple of moons too. I must have looked at it for a hour. (after finally getting clear enough skies to perfectly star collimate my scope... thanks to Bob's knobs) Fantastic. My first view of Saturn with this telescope (second in my lifetime) and boy was it a good one. Tested out a couple new Celestron Ultimax EPs (pretty good) Sorry I'm rambling on but it was pretty exciting. Chuffed I think you guys would say. (I think) Hope your skies clear soon...

Went to call the cat at about 10 last night and was amazed to see... STARS! It was pretty clear, some fast-moving cloud but seeing and transparency looked good...

But, of course, I hadn't cooled the scope and was already feeling way tired so just had a very quick look around...

Forecast for tonight: "

Tonight

Dry with long clear spells. The breeze will slowly ease"

But it is already looking less positive than it was. SWMBO has been away on business this week so I won't be surprised if it's cloudy tonight then clear on Saturday when she is back and I'll get ear ache for going out when I haven't seen her all week....

Current forecast for this evening for Nottingham/Derby according to the BBC:

BBC Weatherman on breakfast: Cloudy by 7pm

BBC Teletext: Clear skies from 7pm

BBC Weather website: Sunny Intervals/clouds at 7pm

:clouds2:

BBc website now saying clear through to 4am; 7timer agrees, though predicts poor seeing and bad transparency. To be honest, I'll take anything other than wall-to-wall cloud at this point!

Archived