davepfc69

hi all,new user from waterlooville in hampshire,just brought me and my 12yr old boy skywatcher1145p with eq1 mount with very limited knowledge of scopes and astronomy,just hope i dont get to dissapointed with my scope,and will be asking lots of questions already looking of upgrading eyepieces to better quality and maybe 5mm or 6mm lenses,so hi all again....dave......

Hi and welcome, Dave!

Loads of helpful and friendly and knowledgable folk here, so ask away! I'd also recommend the book TUrn Left at Orion, a really good read for starters. REally helped me get an idea of what I could see with a small telescope, and I still refer to it all the time!.

Sure you and your son will be seeing great stuff soon enough :hello2:

Hi Dave and family ,if you did your research and no what to expect of course you ,no every thing will be in black and white and not like the glossy images you see on tv and in books just remember,that what you do see is brill start with the moon at medium power

Pat

Hi Dave and Son, welcome to SGL, you have already been recommended Stellarium the next step is a copy of Turn Left @ Orion even if you do not buy it straight away, see if you can borrow it from your local library, it comes with a long pedigree of acclaim :hello2:

John.

Archived