NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from The New Forest

Fish-Man

Hi,

I am another returning astronomer. I drifted away about 25 years ago to have a family and a career that included many long stays away from home. I am now physically disabled, so getting about is a bit s-l-o-w..... but it has left me with the time and opportunity to get back into astronomy. :(

I have been "looking" for about 6 months now, but want to get into imaging (post coming up in the Help & Advice Forum).

Anyway, I live in the New Forest (Hampshire, UK. - for those of you not residing on our shores), and have plenty of unpolluted sites to go to, but the hassle of setting up each time, means I generally put up with a bit of excess light and use my back garden.

I have a Vixen R200SS, HEQ-5 Pro, and a bunch of cheap eyepieces which I am slowly (as finances allow) replacing.

So, that's me - Hi to everyone.

Regards,

Paul

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. As far am imaging is concerned it looks like you are heading in the right direction with the HEQ5, will make life a lot easier for you and will certainly play a big part in getting good consistent results.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum,

James

Archived