Hi All

Woza

Hi all, I'm looking forward to getting lots of info :), got my self a skywatcher startravel 150 f5, EQ5 with motors, I think i got a good buy as it was 2nd hand but not sure as I've not seen any others for sale. I've been using a spotter scope to look at Saturn and the moon and was quite impressed with it. I'm always looking up when i have the chance so thought I'd take the plunge. Any info on what lenses or filters to use will be very help full, It only came with the give away lenses that you get with these scopes.

cheers warren

hope the Sky's clear soon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Woza and welcome to the forum. Difficult to say how good a deal you got as you didn't mention how much you paid for it.:) The general rule is around 60-70% of the retail price if it's in excellent condition. Certainly an improvement on what you were using for sure and the tracking motors will make observing a lot easier. I would stick with the eyepieces that came with the scope for now to see what you celestial objects you enjoy observing and then later invest in a suitable upgrade. My advice would also to avoid temptation to buy eyepiece sets, which may appear at first glance to be great value, but then when you subtract what is useless and what you hardly use, you quickly realise you have spent a fair bit of money on a nice empty box!:) Patience is the name of the game, especially when it comes to buying used eyepieces and you will soon bag yourself some great bargains.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi all, I'm looking forward to getting lots of info :), got my self a skywatcher startravel 150 f5, EQ5 with motors, I think i got a good buy as it was 2nd hand but not sure as I've not seen any others for sale. I've been using a spotter scope to look at Saturn and the moon and was quite impressed with it. I'm always looking up when i have the chance so thought I'd take the plunge. Any info on what lenses or filters to use will be very help full, It only came with the give away lenses that you get with these scopes.

cheers warren

hope the Sky's clear soon

Hi there warren and welcome to the forum! Enjoy the upgrade! Clear skies!

Archived