Hello everyone

LLsandeLL

Hello everyone

Just wanted to say hi. I’ve been reading posts on here for a while and finally decided to take the plunge and register.

I’m Paul (33) from Epsom in Surrey.

I’ve been interested in stargazing and space for as long as I can remember. I bought my first telescope in 1994 to coincide with Shoemaker –Levy 9. It was a very basic Tasco which fell apart after a year or so but I do remember being amazed by the views.

So after GCSE’s, A-Levels, University, a small flat, marriage, accountancy exams, small house and two kids I finally had enough time to return to my hobby.

Taking advantage of the local telescope shop amazing trade-in deal (and HMRC owing me some money!) I went from a NexStar 4SE to an LX-90 10” and now have a CPC1100 on order.

This is such a fantastic hobby and look forward to contributing soon.

Cheers, Paul

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to the forum. That was quite a jump in kit from the Nexstar to the Meade! I gather the Lx 90 10" uses some interest glass in the primary mirror along with the proven UHTC coatings, certainly makes for a really good performer - I bet your pleased.:D

Here's wishing you clear skies for your next observation. You might like to think of writing up a review of your new scope, ease of use, performance etc as this would make very interesting reading for all of us who have aperture fever!

Catch you later on the forum,

James

Hi Paul

A warm welcome to the SGL, I'm only about 50 minutes away from you as well near the QE2 Bridge, In September a number of guy and gals from my Club go to the herstmonceux science centre East Sussex our tee shirts will say Havering Astronomy Society we will be there over the weekend please say hello

Doug

Archived