Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All

lucjam

Hi All

Long time lurker first time poster.

Just wanted tyo say a collective thanks for all the info that this forum has given me over the last 4 months.

After years of looking up but not really taking things in my wife bought me a Celestron Travelscope 70 for Xmas. We go camping alot and she thought it would be nice to use when away.

Well, I have caught the bug and have been out most clear nights since Xmas learning the sky and chalenging the scope which has shown me a lot more than most people would think (I will write a reveiw of this great little beginner scope and post it later).

I think the best piece of advice that I have read on here is that when choosing a scope the best one to go for is the one that you will use regularly. That's why I have just taken delivery of a MAK127SLT. I would like bigger apature and enjoy looking at DSO's but my observing time is limited and after much deliberation I chose the MAK for now (I just hope that the DSO's I can see with it are not too limited). So yes the bad weather is my fault!

Cheers.

Archived