Hello!

r1chd

Hi folks,

Just wanted to say hello before bombarding the site with questions!

I bought a 2nd hand 6" dob about a year ago, but now I'm no longer working nights I'm getting a skywatcher 200 on an eq5 mount. I've got an old Canon DSLR, so hope to upgrade with motors and have a go at imaging. Lots of learning to do, hoping for clear skies...

Rich

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. You will certainly be able to use a webcam for imaging planets and the moon, but the mount will not be accurate enough for deep sky imaging (galaxies and nebula). You might want to get a hold of Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count" (First Light Optics £19.95) as it will tell you what you need and why you need it to get good consistent images. A very comprehensive guide that will help you determine a realistic budget which will in the process save you money. They don't call it the "Dark Art" for nothing.

Clear skies

James

Archived