Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sympathy please 

shellfish

Ok I bet you all heard this a million times so I thought I’d start a thread for those who just want a whinge......

CLOUDED OUT AGAIN

THERE i FEEL SLIGHTLY BETTER.....

Anyone else want to take up the torch.....

And feel free to give sympathy if you have clear skies :D:):D

:hello2::):(:(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been looking at the weather sats, looking good for tonite, set up, leveled the mount/pier, cleaned all my optics, checked collmination, all looking good, then from nowhere, pea souper fog, OMG. RH 99% just about saw Jup and Vebnus dissapear behind the the houses behind me, tampin!!

Starting to clear a bit now, so going to spounge down the OTA and hope to get some Mars n Saturn....

Just now the first thing I do when I wake up is pull the curtain back while I'm laying in bed to see how the skies are looking. Recently I've almost been blinded on a daily basis as my eyes are dazzled by the white sheet of cloud covering the entire sky. My window faces the West and it seems like there will never be a day where I can see the end of the cloud blowing over to my direction!

Looking pretty good here in the West Midlands - Bewdley. Clearing up quite nicely.

Just hope it doesnt turn out like last night, 1 hour setup, crystal clear, take 5 images, haze/fog/cloud roll in for the night.

1st REALLY dark night ive had with my setup, so hopefully tonight will be a better night! Ive been watching Weather Europe, Satellite Weather Europe, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in Europe - Source: SAT24.com all day and watching the cloud break right over head....so hopefully it'll stay that way as all the forecasts are predicting....

Dont hold out though, i may be back on this thread @ 9pm whining and whinging about the clouds.

Who invented clouds anyway?! LOL

Yeah im going to start whining now, its clear ish but have a really high layer of thin cloud, id rather a low layer of thick cloud at least you can image between clouds :) lol

Looking pretty good here in the West Midlands - Bewdley. Clearing up quite nicely.

Just hope it doesnt turn out like last night, 1 hour setup, crystal clear, take 5 images, haze/fog/cloud roll in for the night.

1st REALLY dark night ive had with my setup, so hopefully tonight will be a better night! Ive been watching Weather Europe, Satellite Weather Europe, Weather Forecast, Rainfall, Clouds, Sun in Europe - Source: SAT24.com all day and watching the cloud break right over head....so hopefully it'll stay that way as all the forecasts are predicting....

Dont hold out though, i may be back on this thread @ 9pm whining and whinging about the clouds.

Who invented clouds anyway?! LOL

Im only just up the road, so dont get your hopes up. It took literally 5 minutes to go from clear sky to 100% cloud last night. The light winds and high pressure really isnt helping :)

Im only just up the road, so dont get your hopes up. It took literally 5 minutes to go from clear sky to 100% cloud last night. The light winds and high pressure really isnt helping :)

LOL I managed to get 5 images last night, was well fed up in the end! Im planning on having a 'Late' session tonight and going on the forecasts and poking my head out the window, so far so good for this evening i think, so Chinese for tea then ill setup if its still looking ok! :)

Where in worcs are you?

LOL I managed to get 5 images last night, was well fed up in the end! Im planning on having a 'Late' session tonight and going on the forecasts and poking my head out the window, so far so good for this evening i think, so Chinese for tea then ill setup if its still looking ok! :)

Where in worcs are you?

PM'ed

It was Gin clear here last night.....put my scope out, setup, turned laptop on, found my target, started to focus, looked behind me, and saw the thickest wall of cloud/fog roll over, within 2/3 mins it was white/orange over. Not impressed! lol

Was a real pea souper in Southwick last night :)

Shame after the day was so nice and clear.

Sitting in Cafe Cube down the square now looking out of the window to a light grey sky :)

Hopefully it'll clear by tonight so I can get into the garden with the girlfriends DS2080.

I've simply not got the funds for a scope at the moment as works been so slow :icon_salut:

Archived