SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newby says hello

SPG

Hi to you all.

Quick hello and history so far.

I recieved a Aldi scope for christmas 3 years ago, And have managed to get some half decent photos of the moon as well as having fun with general viewing and learning to set up a EQ mount. Anyways last Friday started to view Venus and Jupiter with it and decided it was time for a bit (lot) of an upgrade.

I live round the corner from Opticstar in south Manchester so nipped in to have a quick look round (think kid in sweet shop) and now i'm the proud owner of a Skywatcher 200dps newtonian. Spent most of the weekend getting the computer to work with the mount and my canon 350d. Now sat here with hail rattling the windows :-(.

Bring on the clear skys I'm ready to roll er I think.

Steve

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. Clearly you are making moves towards imaging and wonder if you have got hold of a copy of Steve Richards' "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). Very comprehensive guide on what kit you need and why you need it to achieve the level of imaging you want.

In the meantime let's hope the weather clears for you to fire up that new scope!

James

Thanks you all for the warm welcome.

Yes I am setting myself up for Astrophotography and would jsut like to add how brillient this site has been in the last couple of day's. I've been look for a diy shutter control solution an there a realy useful thread on it. Looking for some storage boxes to lug the kit around and thread on that too.

Cheers

Steve

Archived