Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's arrived!!!

Celtic Deacon

24 hrs after ordering from FLO my 200p Dob has made it to me. Almost didn't get it, courier man was on his way back to van when I realised he was the reason dogs were going crazy.

Put together in 30 mins with no errors which is a record for me and assembly instructions. When my wife saw it she said I couldn't keep it in the shed as it's down 2 steps. "You'll have to have a new shed for it" Oh happy day.... Later said that I should investigate a roll off roof for the conservatory and she was serious!

Now just have to get rid of a few trees and clouds! Great service from FLO

24 hrs after ordering from FLO my 200p Dob has made it to me. Almost didn't get it, courier man was on his way back to van when I realised he was the reason dogs were going crazy.

Put together in 30 mins with no errors which is a record for me and assembly instructions. When my wife saw it she said I couldn't keep it in the shed as it's down 2 steps. "You'll have to have a new shed for it" Oh happy day.... Later said that I should investigate a roll off roof for the conservatory and she was serious!

Now just have to get rid of a few trees and clouds! Great service from FLO

She sounds like a keeper!!

Congrats on your new scope - hope you get out soon for 1st light.

congrats on your wife ...er i mean scope ! look foward to first light report.

i take special interest in infor mation on the 200p dob as it's what im planning on uprading to. so dont hold back on those reports.

clear skies soon for you i hope...

Thanks everyone! Not sure what qualifies as first light. I had a squint through scope during a break in clouds on Wednesday. Got a bit frustrated - "It's going back!!!" - and swung around to the moon. I was stunned. I never realised how wonderful that bit of rock is.

I need to spend a little time getting to know this beauty, (I want to give it a name, is that allowed!?) - then I'll submit a proper first light report. Where does it go - Observing section?

Thanks everyone! Not sure what qualifies as first light. I had a squint through scope during a break in clouds on Wednesday. Got a bit frustrated - "It's going back!!!" - and swung around to the moon. I was stunned. I never realised how wonderful that bit of rock is.

I need to spend a little time getting to know this beauty, (I want to give it a name, is that allowed!?) - then I'll submit a proper first light report. Where does it go - Observing section?

CD - Theres a meet in Blaenavon this weekend- either Sat or Sunday -check the thread her for updates http://stargazerslounge.com/south-wales-group/174235-next-meet-saturday-3rd-march-3.html

I've got the same scope as you - hopefully there'll be loads of friendly Valley folk to offer some advice - we're meeting in Asda in Brynmawr @ 5pm I think so Matt can lead those of us who don't know the way to the site - should be good.

Archived