Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

soupy, I;m going to struggle to get out and about after the meeting due to a very early start the next day, losing 2 hours of observing to travel time would mean no observing - but would love to spend an hour or two at parker road to flex the dob out a bit and if any of the new guys want to poke their faces in and have a look too - more than welcome to share my scope!

In fact if either hazegood or destris do want to come along and do a bit of observing afterwards, I'll squeeze my astromaster and eq mount in the car and take both.

Not sure if I can make the 9th due to the early starts I have for work, (have to be on the Road a

soupy, I;m going to struggle to get out and about after the meeting due to a very early start the next day, losing 2 hours of observing to travel time would mean no observing - but would love to spend an hour or two at parker road to flex the dob out a bit and if any of the new guys want to poke their faces in and have a look too - more than welcome to share my scope!

In fact if either hazegood or destris do want to come along and do a bit of observing afterwards, I'll squeeze my astromaster and eq mount in the car and take both.

Not sure if I would be able to make it or not due to work, (have to be up and on the road at 4am through the week), will know nearer the time, thanks for the offer, though, if I can make it and the possibility of observing I would bring my scope with me, really need to try it out on a good dark site, only one I have been too is Todmorden, but it got far too cold for me, so didn't stay too late.

That's a very kind offer though, Nicks90

Leigh

Does anybody know of any good viewing spots with dark skies west of Yorkshire say past Manchester way because weather going to be good that side of Pennines tonight and I'm in need of clear skies.

Generally speaking, the wrong side of the pennines suffers from that big grim place they call Manchester. Tintwistle, Hadfield or Padfield would be similar to round bits of Meltham moor regarding light pollution but according to the LP overlay I have for Google Earth, It gets exponentially more grim the closer to Stockport you get,

Up around Ingleton looks good for dark skies. depends how far you want to travel. :smiley:

Well, beautiful clear night here in Bedfordshire, so first opportunity to show the scope to the in-laws in their back garden. Shame about the high trees blocking the Southern horizon... :-\ Still, LP quite good so probably be able to show them some things....

Never been there but have been to hawes and the southern horizon at hawes is still washed out by manchester 50 miles south.Im going to try haweswater this year aswell as hawes again,cawfields and Galloway.isle of Wight this weekend but not got a decent long range weather forcast yet.

Well was a total wasted journey as not install guiding software on laptop properly so could not image also was doing some widefield on tripod and lens was dewed up within 10mins, the dew was unreal there last night so packed up by 1 and headed bk, was gonna do Sutton bank tonight but forecast not good up there so may just stay in back garden and put this new camera through it paces.

Archived