SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well had a great night tonight up at Sutton Bank and great company thanks for coming up to join me Damian it was great catching up. took some stunning images tonight going to be going through them for a while but here's one i could'nt resist that i just caught rises in the early hours, first of many of this.

Orion Nebula M42.

M42 Orion Nebula 2013.08.30

Enjoy!!!!!

Cheers Sammy here's one i've just processed of a time lapse of the Milkyway also caught a couple of meteoer's in it too.

Me and damain spoted lots last night. I took 6 images of random spots of the sky an caught a meteor in each one AMAZING!!!

Milky move

cant workout what i've done to the cover lol.

Had a good night at sutton bank last night with Kieran.

It was quite cloudy to start with at 9 when I got there Kieran was already set up.It looked a little doubtful to start with so we spent the first hour catching up and the clouds finally gave us some respite at midnight.

We were treated to stunning views of the milkyway and I managed to get 10 messiers using the star charts.

My tally for the night was M1,29,33,34,36,38,42,43,45,78,NGC1907,mars and Jupiter all of which I'd done with the goto but not bad in about 4 and a half hours of clear sky.Loads of meteors and Iridium flares too.

Great to be out again and glad I was there got in at 6 and straight to bed.

Great to see the images Kieran.

Great images Kieran, and nice to see some dark sky shots of Milkyway well done on the messiers Damian. Rich by all means yes bring the books I will keep them in my office at school for the time being and yes it's the 9th not 2nd :grin:

Well done with Messier's last night Damian, you did really well using to maps was great to catchup and not be there on my Todd hope its good forecast for next weekend to do it again.

That thing at bottom of bank I thought it was a pig not a badger.

Cheers, enjoyed it Kieran and got back into the star charts just a shame the clouds didn't break earlier.

Will be up for sat night again although would be later though as i don't finish work while 8ish.

Definitely a badger as I stopped and reversed up to have a look.Was still warm so not been dead long and possibly hit by the van I saw coming up the bank in the opposite direction?

Hope those images are coming on well mate.

Managed about an hour in the sole of wight before I got annoyed at people with torches walking past me asking what I was doing while shining their lights in my eye.milky way was the best I had seen it but ended up having half an hour with the binos which had me adding to the messiers I've seen with binos.all in all a waste of time taking the scope to a campsite!!!

Archived