Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Destris - not sure if I can make the meeting yet, but if so I live in St Johns near Wrenthorpe, so very happy to give you a lift if you like. Will let you know nearer the time if I can - depends on work....

Oh do you :) that would be brilliant thank you :) and no problem :)

Welcome back soupy hope you had a good holiday.

Sounds like everyone is looking forward to the next meet and maybe a few new comers to introduce to the society too.

Things for me are up in the air at work at present with shift pattern changes but fingers crossed I'll be able to make the 9th.

Hi Soupy hope you had a great holiday if 9th good for everyone else then I'll make it, was just thinking of doing Astro camp which is that weekend.

Had to put my imaging on hold for now as my laptop has gone Kaput for no apprent reason manage to save all my data but lost most program's so gonna have to go through and remember what I had.

I know the moon is out, but the skies are clearing for what could be a decent night?

]

Unfortunately its a school night for me, I'm on early shift till saturday worst luck

Nothing to Dublin in the near future, Map - Brussels for one night and London are what's on the immediate horizon! Why Dublin, out of interest?

Too much cloud here - didn't bother going out in the end. Frustrating at the moment: beautiful clear skies while I'm cooped up in the office, then becoming cloudy just as it gets dark...! Oh well, plenty of time to look at the latest S@N mag.

Yeah clouded over here too about half ten just as I was about to set the scope up!

There's a bit of astro kit that's for sale I'm interested in but could've done with a man on the scene to have a look if you could've spared the time Steve.No worries

Hi Guys

Will probably be joining you, at a location soon, although due to work can only do Friday or Saturday nights.

Am relatively new to owning a scope but have always had an interest in astronomy since being a kid, like many only just started to be able to afford to spend some money on it.

Live in Beeston, Leeds, so you can imagine the light pollution from home, plus the annoying local teenagers who just want to annoy me.

Spoke to Soupy in PM, about the group, and said would be welcome to join you guys sometime, so thought it was time to introduce myself.

(astromaster 130, but didn't get on with the EQ 3.2 mount, so currently have it on a skywatcher AZ Goto mount, - still have the eq just need to work out how to use it also assorted eyepieces - the revelation eyepiece and filter kit, just bought a rigel quick finder but not yet mounted or used it)

Leigh

Oooh interesting. I suppose the trickiest bit (or one of the tricky bits, or is it all tricky?) would be turning the captured waves into.. something.

Luckily there is software out there to do it on a laptop, but in the guide I've found it mentions you can use iRig on iOS to do it too, so as I have an old android phone knocking about I might find an android equivalent to try.

Welcome to group Hazegood, the more the merrier, your sounds to be close to what I have (Skywatcher 130P exlporer SupaTrak). Look forward to meeting you at a meet up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the welcome backs guys, well have to get out again soon but Sky looks like more high cloud tonight as well... Hate these high clouds.

9th looks like the night then I will book a room for then from 7.30. For anyone interested it will be at Horbury Academy, but please let me know if you are able to make it so I can gauge numbers. Sorry if I have spoilt your Astro camp Kieran :huh: .

we said at the previous meet that we would consider founding members paying first subscriptions so we can look at getting a bank account started. But this is purely voluntary and not required for all who attend so don't let that put you off, as we will be discussing subscriptions at the inaugural meeting.

As I said before Leigh yes come and join us the more the merrier.

Jeremy remember I have a spare dish, just need to connect it up and build a mount for it that can swivel and tilt. Will need a satellite finder as a signal detector for the dish then all the computer program needs to do is assign a number to the strength of the signal then assign a colour to the number to build up a picture. Sounds easy but prob isn't!

Archived