NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bought my AZ goto mount from Greenwitch at Birstall

, had a problem with the hand set which I thought was faulty, he arranged for it to go back to OVL and it was back within 2 days. turned out it was me that was faulty not the handset.

I had loads of questions about various gear I was interested in, even though I didn't buy my scope there (didn't know it existed until after I bought it) he took time to explain to me how it works, and even told me something I was going to buy would be no good for me and my scope (a light pollution filter)

Another vote of confidence in Green Witch from me - my scope was from there. My wife bought it as a surprise 40th prezzie - they could have sold her any old Rubbish at any price an she wouldn't have known any different, but instead they gave quality service and a discount. The polar scope was damaged, so I took it back and Lee replaced it on the spot by opening a brand new scope box.

Delighted (though not surprised!) that they lend support to local societies - that will be a huge bonus.

Looking forward to Monday! Coming back from Brussels, so might be late....

just to clarify, what date is the meeting next week?

on here it says the mobday 9th, but the minutes from the last meeting says tues 10th.

hoping itsthe minday and the minutes are out of date, but my memory fails me.

on a plus note, i ticked off all the observing list in septs S@N magazine this evening!

Hi everyone.

I've been subscribed to this thread for a while now. I'm very much a beginner at astronomy and made most of my purchases based on recommendations on this forum (Skyliner 200P, a few BST starguider eyepieces, telrad and Turn Left at Orion) I'm looking to join a group and would like to come to the Horbury meet tomorrow if I'm not too late? I sometimes find it hard to get motivated to go out on my own so I'm hoping to go observing with more like-minded (and more knowledgeable) individuals.

I hope to see you tomorrow and put names to faces!

Craig

Hi everyone.

I've been subscribed to this thread for a while now. I'm very much a beginner at astronomy and made most of my purchases based on recommendations on this forum (Skyliner 200P, a few BST starguider eyepieces, telrad and Turn Left at Orion) I'm looking to join a group and would like to come to the Horbury meet tomorrow if I'm not too late? I sometimes find it hard to get motivated to go out on my own so I'm hoping to go observing with more like-minded (and more knowledgeable) individuals.

I hope to see you tomorrow and put names to faces!

Craig

Hello Craig,

You are more than welcome to join us at the Horbury academy tomorrow. We are a very friendly bunch with a wide range of skills but all amateurs.

Hope to see you tomorrow and all the others who are attending.

Damian

Archived