Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 - M81 & M82 - M51 - M57

Grant

Just had a superb nights imaging, took images of so many targets! Basically whizzed though the guided tour and also looked on starry night to see what was around! Only problem is, I didn't write down what I was looking at!!

Just going through and processing everything now, first up is M13, using ED80 and 350D ISO800.

image.jpg

30 seconds exposure

image.jpg

Couple of minutes exposure, didn't time it :police:

If you fancy having a go at processing, then please feel free, I've made a zip of the original jpgs of the above 2 images plus the raws, my processing was done with the jpgs because I don't have anything to handle the raws yet. The zip file is at: http://iseestars.net/astro/M13.jpg.

Cheers,

Grant

My My, who's been a very busy man. you have worked your socks off getting all these in one session.

You would crack the Messier Marathon in record time if you put your mind to it.

Fine set of images though Grant. Now you need a good nights sleep. :police:

Ron. :D

Nice collection there Grant, I especially like the M81/M82.

There's no doubt that you are really 'getting to grips' with this imaging business, I can sense the feeling of elation you are obviously experiencing, Enjoy!!!

Looking at the 'time stamp' on your 'post', you were obviously enjoying it so much, that you didn't want to go to bed :police:

Great effort all round, well done!!

Dave

Thanks everyone :police: Just woke up!

I had a fantastic time of it last night, I've got some other Messiers I captured as well, unfortunately I didn't keep a list of what I was looking at so don't know what they are! Might put them up later to see if anybody can recognise them!

My plan is to do as much as I can with simple 30 second exposures, and then move up to longer exposures and then move up to stacking, at the moment I really enjoy the simplicity of the shorter exposures and it was good to know that my mount could track up to a couple of minutes without any star trailing.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and support, especially the advice I got from my last set of images, I've now got my head around the camera, iso settings, mirror lockup and using the remote control... I think I've also worked out the focus a bit better.

Yesterday I aligned my polar scope with my mount and then setup my mount in daylight to make sure it was perfectly level, I think this made a big different with the polar alignment.

Great images Grant! Welcome to the 'sleep, who needs it?' newbie imagers' club. Roll on darker nights....

Oh, and if its any encouragement, I'm finding the processing is getting easier (better?) the more I do

Helen

That's rapid progress Grant. It's all about attention to detail and you are certainly going about it the right way. the M81/82 is especially good I think. I had a play but couldn't improve on what you have already done.

Archived