NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13 in close with adaptive optics

MartinB

1st image from me in 2 months. Finally starting to get my SXV AO unit sorted although still got a lot to sort out. Had to chuck over half the subs cos the AO wasn't happy but at least I got something tonight. Must do the PE training.

So this is NS8 at F10 SXV H9. Guiding with SX AO unit. Approx 15x60secs unbinned CLS luminence and 15x30 secs binned RGB. Acquired with Maxim, combined with a mix of Maxim and ImagesPlus. DDP in ImagesPlus. FITS liberator and PS.

image.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey :shock:

So that's what M13 is supposed to look like.

Worth all the effort getting your head round new gear Martin 8)

Will have to go away and google the stuff your using so as to understand

what your getting up to. :police:

Thanks guys. Please with what I've got but frustrated because haven't got it running smoothly yet. I can't just go off and leave it knowing I can come back 3 hours later and the image wont have moved. Once it's sorted think it will be great.

I'm slowly putting a site together KK but no link at the mo. Actually I did the stacking last night at about 4.00am and was falling a sleep. Bit of a sloppy job and enlarging shows up the faults. Will have to put it together properly for the web site!

There seem to be a lot of faint stars in the background on the right half and hardly any on the left half.

And there's a red spot at 9 o'clock of the glob.

Wonderful stuff and naturally it raises questions. What are these things?

Well thanks for that Themos matey :) :) Yes they are faults. The red spot is a hot pixel in the red channel which I missed - processing rush job. The difference in appearnace L to R is due, I think to flexion of the camera/AO/filterwheel set up at the nose piece. This means that the chip is slightly tilted in relationship to the light coming in from the scope. I am going to try a 2" nose piece but need to make sure this doesn't interfere with the action of the adaptive optics. I rushed the processing a little and could probably have done a better job of ironing things out. Some other time maybe.

Now about that spot on the end of your nose :o

I've only ever had one image that I've been happy with after processing, the rest I just have to shrug and aim to do it better next time.

Is that upside down as you see it through a reflector, a refractor or the naked eye - from this country or from Australia :)

Archived