Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've been away, now i'm back

Methos

Hi all I havent posted here for a while, I can't believe its nearly been a year since I bought my first scope. Despite the weather being asa it is here in the UK I've seen some wonderful sights. Jupiter, Saturn I managed to look at Venus the other evening, the Andromeda galaxy and other messier objects and last but definitley not the least our Luna. Ive even got my parents looking up :icon_scratch:

I've been into the moon the last couple of sessions and I've managed to get some nice photos and vids (Afocal) through my digicam and my 6" Dob.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who gave me advice, and I'll try my hardest to come here on a regular basis.

Happy New Year and clear skies everywhere.

Scott

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Scott and a warm welcome back. I see you are from my home town, left a long time ago, when the steelworks started shutting down. Though all my family still live there, and some very good friends.

may you have many clear nights

phillc

Hi all thank you for the warm welcome back messages, I really appreciate it :). @Philc I actually left when the steel works closed too, but came back here (for my sins) in 2008. Don't know If you've seen the recent developments on the site, hopefully it should (when it's finished) generate some income into the town.

Clear Skies everyone

Scott

Hi Scott I come back quite often, in fact down this Sunday visiting. Yes sad to see the old town and area looking so run down, when you remember how vibrant the place used to be.

Are there many observers down your way now. When I used observe in the late 60s and 70s none of my friends where interested, so it could be a lonely pastime.

Clear skies

phillc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phillc sorry for the late reply, it is a lonely hobby and none of my mates are interested in it, however I do know of two people who are into astronomy and they live very close to me, but we haven't been able to find time to get together, I'm sure it will happen one day!

Archived