Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tal 100RS OTA back in stock!

FLO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These scopes are wonderful value and I think they are modern classics. They are beautful in a retro way and invariably have outstanding optics.

At F10 they only have modest CA and are great grab and go scopes. I must resist......

Dave

No dont resist, I highly recommend. Mine is the origional from years ago, and it gave me my best ever view of Jupiter and saturn. I cant wait for a good night now, itching to look through it again.

The TAL 100's are excellent achromats. I had one of the early ones in 1999 and it was optically very nice indeed - fully as good as the Vixen SP102 that I'd owned before it (which is a compliment !).

The weak point on the early versions was the focuser but this latest version looks to have solved that completely.

Still looks good value for money too :)

The TAL 100's are excellent achromats. I had one of the early ones in 1999 and it was optically very nice indeed - fully as good as the Vixen SP102 that I'd owned before it (which is a compliment !).

The weak point on the early versions was the focuser but this latest version looks to have solved that completely.

Still looks good value for money too :)

I have compared my one to a vixen and myself and the vixen owner felt both scopes were an optical match

the focuser is a real peach, loads of travel and silky smooth, i have motorised my one with rc servo`s

post-21509-133877705662_thumb.jpg

another one ordered :icon_salut:

It is a Christmas present to myself after reading AstroBaby's review it was too tempting and it certainly beats the warm socks I am likely to get at Christmas.

David

I did the same last year, me to me present! but i opened it early:eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Will these scopes be around for a while? I'd very much like one in the next couple of months. I take it an AZ 4 would handle one?

I dont think the Az4 will handle this OTA, much better on the EQ5

i dont see themin stock much longer as there was none in the country for over a year

Lovely to see good scopes like this and vixen in stock rather than 10 variants on the synta theme! Buy the way, it's 'quality' may be a weakness - as stated it really needs a sturdy mount so not ideal for a grab and go - think it would break a porta!

andrew

I dont think the Az4 will handle this OTA, much better on the EQ5

i dont see themin stock much longer as there was none in the country for over a year

What a shame, re AZ 4, I have a Skywatcher ED 80 as my grab and go and use an AZ 4, in fact its my only scope, I don't have a lot of time these days.

Will these scopes be around for a while? I'd very much like one in the next couple of months. I take it an AZ 4 would handle one?

We cannot be certain. Tal supplies have a habit of drying up suddenly. The AZ4 would carry a Tal but it would be happier on something more substantial, like the Skytee-II.

HTH :)

i say buy, the AZ4 will cope with the TAL, you will kick yourself if you deny yourself lol

just be mindful when you use it, steady as she goes style

I think that sums it up for us too.

For it's price the Tal 100RS is optically very nice indeed. Mechanically the construction is utilitarian (Tal fans consider that part of it's charm). The new Crayford is a step in the right direction though I think it deserves something better. Ultimately you are welcome to return it if you don't consider it money well spent :)

HTH,

Steve

Archived