Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wide M42 now with Ha.

ollypenrice

Last night we had a dream of a run, collecting 7 hours of Ha without loss, plus 25 short 30 sec subs for the Trapezium. No flip either, so we slept through most of it!

This is not a careful process but just a version of the one I did to add to the red. I would process a standalone Ha differently, really.

M42-HaStandalone-7-Hrs-X2.jpg

Because there was a stack of 15 hours for the LRGB the Ha didn't have much effect and needed a massive extra stretch to have much impact. The resulting change is subtle but I quite like it, though you might prefer the original plain LRGB.

I finished with a bit of work to bring the RGB star colour through for the blue. So here we are, all 22 hours' worth of it.

Olly

M42-WIDE-22-Hrs-HaLRGB-X2.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost to scared to ask. What sort of kit do u use to produce such awe inspiring images?

Absolutly stunning..

I used a small 3.5 inch refractor on a mount that is perfectly portable and a CCD camera (actually we have two and both contributed to this.) However, it must be said that the scope was very expensive... a Takahashi FSQ85ED. The other bit of the equation is that I live at 3000 feet in the least light polluted place in mainland Europe... and since this is my work I don't have to worry about being up all night!

In order of importance; site, camera, mount, scope.

Olly

Simply stunning Olly. Just when I think I'm making real progress, I see this - hehe. The clarity is absolutely amazing and I really do think this is probably the best image I've ever seen of M42 and the Running Man. Well done.

Archived