Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap distilled water ?????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not approach your local Boots the chemists and ask if they will supply you some. That's what I did and when I told the actual chemist herself (not the counter staff) she said no problem and in fact allowed me to buy nearly a gallon of it.

Worth a try.

James

To make your own, you'll have to boil your feed stock (tap water)

then condense the evaporate, not imposible but expensive, (gas/electicity consumed).

Moreover, do you live in a hard or soft water area, hard water by definition carries alot of silica, difficult to remove.

easier all round to buy it in.

(I wonder if Vodka would work? triple filtered i guess would be best, spose, but what to do with it once finished washing mirrors? :))

then condense the evaporate, not imposible but expensive, (gas/electicity consumed).

Moreover, do you live in a hard or soft water area, hard water by definition carries alot of silica, difficult to remove.

easier all round to buy it in.

(I wonder if Vodka would work? triple filtered i guess would be best, spose, but what to do with it once finished washing mirrors? :))

Depending on how grubby the mirror is, pour the vodka back into the bottle and drink it. Lets face it............any bacteria etc in it is gonna be long dead before it goes into your system.

I AM joking of course. I would never waste good vodka on a scope mirror.

mirrors? :))

Not necessarily that expensive. See this...

Solar Kettle

Seems like all you need is a black kettle, two tripods, a long pole and a efficient mirror. I am sure the first 3 items will be easy to find. The only problem where to find a nice shiny parabolic reflector with 98% reflectivity and dielectric coatings.... :)

Archived