Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is your favorite star?

assasincz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vega, simply becasue it was the first one I learnt to recognise and it's usually first out in the summer sky, so it's like an old friend announcing 'astronomy time'

after that, it's Albireo

-Betelgeus, I love the colour, the fact that it's going to BOOM and it's a charecteristic of Orion.

-Sirius; it's so bright it's visible at Sunset. I like how it changes & twinkles depending on the Atmosphere. Also Sirius looks like two stars when there's a lot of Atmospheric turbulence (to me anyway)!

For me it is Betelgeuse, because Orion was the first constellation I learned and eventually found one dark night (too....) long ago. I didn´t know then exactly where to look and what size to expect, so it was really a jaw dropping experience when I after a while found it. From that day I always become "excited" when I see Orion. :)

//Mikael

As of today (2/11/2011 22:25) the score of stellar giants shootout stands as follows:

Betelgeuse 11 votes

Vega 10 votes

Sirius 9 votes

Sun 4 votes

Garnet Star 4 votes

Albeiro 3 votes

etc.

It is a close one :)

Pity I don't know how to put a poll thingey here

As of today (2/11/2011 22:25) the score of stellar giants shootout stands as follows:

Betelgeuse 11 votes

Vega 10 votes

Sirius 9 votes

Sun 4 votes

Garnet Star 4 votes

Albeiro 3 votes

etc.

It is a close one :)

Pity I don't know how to put a poll thingey here

The Sun was supposed to be made ineligible for obviousness though.

Doubles were also supposed to be excluded weren't they? People still voted for Albeiro.

The Sun was supposed to be made ineligible for obviousness though.

Doubles were also supposed to be excluded weren't they? People still voted for Albeiro.

Yes, I know they are supposd to be excluded but since people mention them, and since I do not want to impose strict rules govering this topic, I say let the disscussion flow its own way. It is not a bad thing, anyway. :)

Archived