Narrowband

What is your favorite star?

assasincz

Following the example of similar topic here:

What is your favorite star? What is the feature you like about it?

(Not visual binaries/miltiple stars, not Sun :D )

For me, it would be a dilemma between the marvelously blue Vega (α Lyr) and the exquisitely red-tinged Garnet Star (μ Cep)

post-27855-133877685034_thumb.jpg

post-27855-13387768504_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Sol, the Garnet star: it caught my eye with its vivid colours :D one night and its' future is just as interesting as Betelgeuse. Bet you a fiver it goes off first.

Plus, and this is the clincher, it represents my birthstone and isn't that what astronomy is all about? :)

Betelguese; its baleful, bloated glare in the sky speaks of its immenency to destruction...it also looks wonderful as it sinks west, looking like an ancient Titian flame...

Sirius - a very bright, energetic pinpoint of light - I have never seen this star hold steady, mainly because of its relatively low position in the sky. When I first emerged myself into astronomy, I recall looking at this through the telescope and marvelled how it refracted into rainbow colours as it flickered...

Rasalas; arabic meaning the head of the lion and heralds the start of the galaxy season!

The Garnet Star: I really love the hues of this cute, goregous ball of light..

Archived