Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 4 - Nov 18th & 19th

Hello fellow Star Gazers,

I have had a couple of pm's regarding our next meet so thought it time to start a thread.

CSP4 will be held Nov 18th & 19th which is the Friday, Saturday. We are also carrying it over to the Sunday 20th should you want to stay longer. Like the other CSP's if you can only stay over one night fine and dandy.

I am open to suggestions regarding food supplies. How did we all think it went when we all chipped in for food? Some one suggested that we could maybe all phone for a Chinese meal or pizza and perhaps buy some snicky-snacky-snoo's to keep us going through the night.

I will be making the morning bacon butties and the tea coffee etc will be available 24/7.

Dare I say that it will be a tad chilly in November, with this in mind we are going to use the little room opposite the toilet as a little warm room. We will also have our fire barrel for outside our barn.

We have the fridge in the barn and I think I am going to get a couple of couches with loads of nice warm blankets - we are worth it.

Any more suggestions about any aspect of the party please let me know.

We can start arriving here any time on the Friday. If you need to come up earlier to set up you are more than welcome.

Cost will be the same £10 per night per person for camping. £2.50 per morning bacon buttie.

I hope I have not missed anything. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Lets hope the skies are kind to us. I have the order in for clear skies already.

I dare say when I post this thread, I will notice something I have missed so this post could be continued.

Speak soon

Nina

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff guys, so pleased you can all make it. Val has just left and she is getting really excited already. She has been and bought a fire pit to go in the barn. Bless her. She is worried about us all geting cold. I think she is going to Mother us all, must be something to do with her hormones :)

Speak to you all soon.

Hi Sandra and I will be there for the Saturday night will try for Friday but I start a new contract on Monday so not sure when I can get away on a Friday.

As sunset is at 17:05 I am not sure how we would get on putting a tent up in the dark.

Anyway I should know more next week.

Speak soon

Andy

Hi everyone, So pleasaed you can all make it.

Mike thanks for your offer of the chilli again, I am sure none of us would say no - it was absolutely gorgeous.

I will second what Mike said about helping out with you tent Andy, we will have it done in no time.

Of course you can bring your dog Robbie, absolutely no problem at all. Val and I will be at Kielder, Tom is going to collect us on his way past. We will be there lunchtime on the Saturday. Really looking forward to it.

I hope the weather is good to us all.

I thought I might have got out tonight it was such a clear day today but it is 100% cloud cover just now. Shame we cannot see the stars through the day.

Speak to you all soon

Nina

Xx

Chilli Mike - YES PLEASE. Nina/Val - will we do a quick shopping at ASDA on the Friday, stock up on food etc? If so, I am happy to drive/help etc. (Although, perhaps we should get fewer burgers this time - I was "burgered out" by the end of CSP3). I wonder if we could rustle up a pasta dish or a curry (wouldn't need rice, could manage with just Naan and/or pitta bread).

What kind of dog do you have Robbie? A particular type? Lab, Collie, Heinz57?

Pray for good weather at Nina's that weekend. The weather here over the last few weeks has been pants. Even when clear during the day, it would cloud over in the early evening and "magically" clear again by 7am - just in time for work.

See you all on Friday the 18th. I will arrive in the early afternoon.

Tom

You don't have to worry about food Tom I'll bring down a couple of extra Pot Noodles just for you!!! :(:D;)

Seriously though the chilli sounds good, I'd be happy to bring down a pot of chicken madras for the Friday night..... I made some at this years CSOG Spring event and it went down very nicely. :(

Oh and it looks like James will be able to make it as well, so you better reserve half the field for his MASSIVE tent!! :p

I'm looking forward to seeing a few Cumbria regulars at Kielder next weekend...... :)

Great Robbie, I will be over to visit Loui (and you) when I arrive - I love Labs. Just look at his big liquid eyes. What does he like as treats?

You don't have to worry about food Tom I'll bring down a couple of extra Pot Noodles just for you!!! :(:D;)

I wouldn't bring any for me Steve - unless you want me to administer them to you - in the form of an enema :)

See you guys at Kielder on Saturday (save seats for me, Nina and Val for the evening meal in the Pub).

Tom

Hi Nina,

I am at present looking at the possibility of attending your 4th Party, given it is a 300 mile trip to the M74.

I may be up on the North York Moors the weekend prior to your event.

Would it be ok to arrive Wednesday afternoon and leave on Monday morning?

Secondly, the Met Office forecast (...guess...) is:

UK Outlook for Tuesday 8 Nov 2011 to Tuesday 22 Nov 2011:

The weather is likely to remain typically changeable for much of November, with bands of rain moving across the UK from the west. There will also be some drier and brighter interludes in between the rainbands. The winds are expected to mostly come from the south or west, which means temperatures should be around or slightly above average for much of the period. However, occasional northwesterly winds may bring somewhat colder air in at times. Rainfall amounts for the whole of the UK across the period are likely to be near normal and sunshine amounts are likely be either near or below normal. Night frosts are expected at times, especially across the north of the UK and in sheltered rural areas where winds fall light.

Updated: 1212 on Mon 24 Oct 2011

Trust Val is keeping well.

Looking forward to meeting up for longer this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Adrian

PS what are the pubs like in your area?

Hello everyone,

Hiya Steve, So pleased James can make it also, geat stuff. Chicken Madras - Yum Yum. Are you sure you do not mind.

If we got numbers of who would like to chip in for food and a little list put together, I could go in the morning and get us all stocked up. That would save us a bit of time wouldn't it. What do you all think? We could do the jacket potato's again starting them off in the oven then bring them outside and pop them in Val's fire pit.

So pleased you can make it John, with your new scope aswell. Whoop Whoop.

Hi Adrian, Of course you can come on the Wednesday till Monday. No problem at all. It would be wrong you going back home when you would like to come over. Pleased you can make it. It will be a great weekend. Val is fine - she is really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Like Mike says the barn is our pub, but if you are thinking till the Star Party begins there is plenty of places around here for you to see.

Speak to you all soon.

Don't forget if anyone has any ideas for the party, please let me know

Nina

Hi Andy,

I have looked up the sunset time for Preston 18 November and it is given as 16:08 . (remember the clocks go back this coming weekend) don't worry as the rest of us can watch you putting the tent in the gloom!!! whilst having coffee and Jaffa cakes.

I find it easy to do as my halo shines brightly at night. I am willing to help.....

Have a safe trip and let's hope the nights are cold and clear with good seeing conditions.

Cheers

Adrian

Archived