Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 4 - Nov 18th & 19th

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hellooooo,

Excellent stuff Pete, looking forward to all the laughter.

Have a great birthday Ron, I hope you can get of sometime over the weekend. Having a little trip to Impact tomorrow - fingers crossed.

So sorry Mark, here is the postcode for you - CA6 5LH. Pleased you can make it.

I will drop everyone a little PM over the next couple of days with the full address etc on it.

Speak to you all soon.

Nina

Err , youwhoooooooooooooooooo :)

Looking forward to seeing old (Tom?) friends and of course meeting new one's. Hope to be down afore dark o'clock on Friday to pitch me tent .

Clear Skies

Pete

Enough of the "old", sonny.

Young whippersnapper.

Nane o' ma Malt fur you.

"Youthful" Tom :)

Hi everyone,

Just been looking at the forecasts and they all differ. I am hoping the one that says it will be clear is correct.

I will send a little PM out later on in the day, just to put the finishing tpuches to our party.

Field is looking good. Still not got a couch but we have time yet. Speak to you all soon.

Nina

Hi Robbie,

We will find somewhere for you on the hard standing - you could park wherever you think is best for you. At the moment the ground is quite good but I suppose things could be quite different if it were to rain on us.

Looking forward to the weekend. We have been getting the barn ready over the last couple of days.

Not heard much from Guy, last I heard he was making modifications to his car so he could sleep in there.

Speak soon

Nina

Hello Nina et al,just pm`d you Nina then saw this update,hoping the weather gods will look kindly on us,have so far packed only thermals and waterproofs,don`t need anything else do we,hope the horse is making short work of the grass!!!!

Looking forward to the weekend.

ATB

Mike

Hi "Youthful" Tom,

I should of gone to Specsavers, "youthful" eh!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have got the Haggis crisps plus Aberdeen Angus Steak crisps.

They don't do mushy peas or Deep-fried Mars Bar flavoured crisps, so we will have to make do with the Malt!!!

Have a save trip and will see on Friday evening.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi "Youthful" Tom,

I should of gone to Specsavers, "youthful" eh!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I have got the Haggis crisps plus Aberdeen Angus Steak crisps.

They don't do mushy peas or Deep-fried Mars Bar flavoured crisps, so we will have to make do with the Malt!!!

Have a save trip and will see on Friday evening.

Cheers

Adrian

Never had a deep fried Mars bar - but have sampled a few Malts in my time.

I should pack bandages and sticking plaster as well Adrian. Me and "the Boys" will be paying you a visit - Specsavers indeed.

Have a safe trip north and see you on Friday afternoon.

("Youth is wasted on the young" Oscar Wilde)

Tom

Hi Astroblagger, you are more than welcome to join us. That is a good list that Tom has forwarded over to you. Maybe have a look at the previous threads so you can get a feel of the CSP's. They are all titled Cumbria Star party. I have just sent ut a PM to everyone attending. I will send it over to you just I case you can make it.

Speak soon

Nina

lentil and tomato soup will be made Thursday evening (a large tureen of it - about a gallon or so, the biggest tureen I have).

Tom

Adrian and Pete - just bought a bottle of Glenmorangie (matured in Port Casks), I seem to remember (hazily) that it went down well at Galloway.

Hi Sandra and I will be there for the Saturday night will try for Friday but I start a new contract on Monday so not sure when I can get away on a Friday.

Andy

I will not be there on the Friday as I will still be in the office at 5pm ;)

Still planning on coming over on Saturday but without Sandra as she is not well at present.

Anyone have links to a good weather site? Metcheck seems to have vbscript errors, BBC has some new fancy format which I find a little difficult to work out.

As for food Nina I will just follow the crowd if that's OK

I presume we have guaranteed clear skies on Saturday:rolleyes:

Andy

Tent.... Check

Poles.... Check (sorry Alan couldn't resist!! :D)

Whisky.... Hic... I mean Check (Nice bottle of Jura :))

Scope... Check

Looking forward to trying some of your soup Tom (and maybe a wee dram or two :D). I'm also going to bring down a pot of chicken madras and some naan bread for any curry fans. :(

I hope to arrive just before it gets dark but it will depend on how busy I am at work..... I've never pitched a tent in the dark before but I suppose there's a first time for everything!! ;):D

See you all Friday!! :)

Archived