Narrowband

Cumbria Star Party 4 - Nov 18th & 19th

Netweather.tv is reasonable Andy.

Sorry to hear Sandra is unwell, please extend my best wishes.

Clear skies not guaranteed, but if you sacrifice young children to Sol Invictus (Roman Sun God) he may smile on you and give good weather. On second thoughts, I believe the Romans used chickens and their Empire did pretty well for 400 years or so. So go for the chicken entrails - it keeps you out of Jail.

Regards

Tom

Bring LOTS of cakes - I will put the calorie controlled diet and get fit regime aside for the weekend in honour of your humungous cakes : ))

Tom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Steve,

If I am sober I will help with your nocturnal tent erecting endeavours.

Put some of the curry aside for me : )

Single Malt waiting to be loaded into the car - first thing after the astro kit and tent/sleeping bag.

Isle of jura eh! I considered that myself but was beguiled by the Glenmorangie. Still, a good choice and I will be at your shoulder for a wee taste (or two).

I will arrive early afternoon on Friday and try to coral Adrian and Mike to assist with my tent erection. then I will slump in my camp chair, beer in hand and solar scope at the ready. Nina will fan me with fresh Peacock feathers and feed me grapes whilst singing softly too me (You will Nina, wont you?) Okay, maybe your hostess duties don't extend to that. : (

Away now to sacrifice to Sol Invictus and the Longtown cloud nymphs (in best Roman tradition) - it will probably be as successful in getting good weather as anything else.

Regards to all,

Tom

Hi All have been here since lunchtime,Phil also, have had sunshine allday,a couple of hours clear ,had a quick look at Jupiter,then all fuses blew on Obsession,spent 3hrs tracing fault,none found,but all working again!!!!!!

Now in bed listening to the RAIN,oh and someone who shall remain nameless snoring!

Field in good condition a few puddles on hardstanding,see you all soon,

Regards

Mike

Hi All have been here since lunchtime,Phil also, have had sunshine allday,a couple of hours clear ,had a quick look at Jupiter,then all fuses blew on Obsession,spent 3hrs tracing fault,none found,but all working again!!!!!!

Now in bed listening to the RAIN,oh and someone who shall remain nameless snoring!

Field in good condition a few puddles on hardstanding,see you all soon,

Regards

Mike

We can't blame David this time Mike - he isn't at CSP4. Good you had a couple of hours clear on your first night. I will keep sacrificing to the cloud nymphs.

Tom

Hello all,

Lentil soup, madras, chilli, we are going to be at the best fed star party ever, and Sandra's cakes. Wows. I will supply a load of jacket potatoes.

Sorry Sandra can not make it, please send her my best wishes Andy.

I have a couple of spare children here we could sacrifice.Only if it was guarantee clear skies though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Speak soon

Nina

Hi Mike have stood down erection team,plenty of stars around in the dark skies------unfortunately cannot see them for the clouds and heavy rain and the fog of whiskey breath,or are you sneaking off to bas meeting in brum instead lol.

Sorry you cant make it Mike hope to see you soon take care mate.

From the erection team

Phil,Adrian Reg, and Mike

PS WE`LL DRINK YOUR SHARE.

Hi All

Hope those of you who are already there are having a great time and the weather is holding up for tonight?

Just finished getting all our kit together...

Scope & Bins .. Check

Counter Weights .... Check

Thermals .... Check

Tent .... Check

Tent Poles ;) .... Check

Malt .... Hick

Jane .... Check

Will be setting off around 10.30, so hopefully see you all between 1 & 2 tomorrow.

Hi All

Just finished getting all our kit together...

Scope & Bins .. Check

Counter Weights .... Check

Thermals .... Check

Tent .... Check

Tent Poles ;) .... Check

Malt .... Hick

Jane .... Check

Will be setting off around 10.30, so hopefully see you all between 1 & 2 tomorrow.

"Jane .... Check" Are you sure Terry? Loading

Jane into the car tonight is probably not a good idea. :)

Lentil and Tomato soup simmering gently on the stove. Should be ready about 12.30, then off to bed, up 8am and a quick Gym trip, back for 9.30am and load the car, then shower and brunch.

Will set off 11.00-11.30 and arrive 1.00-2.00pm.

Netweather forecast is 40% cloud at 9pm tomorrow, dropping to 30% at midnight, similar (but slightly better) Saturday night - so we may see some stars.

Sorry you can't make it Mike - see you next time.

Tom

Tom

Hi All you CSP4'ers, sorry I'm missing this one - got other commitments and I've just been made redundant :) , so watching the pennies also. Have a great time and I hope the skies are kind to you. (Met Office is saying 3-6am Saturday is looking good for you) Looking forward to seeing you all soon ;)

HAVE A GREAT ONE

DAVID

Hi guys... gutted I cant make this one.. I have a foreign visitor sudden arrival and their my side of the family so its unfair to leavr my wife holding the wheel... have a great time and please update the goings on.. cheers Guy ;)

Sorry folks , bleeding car broke down (Johnstonbridge) on me on route. Had to get AA assist out , they couldn't fix at roadside , so ended up being relayed back home. Gutted , blumming gutted folks. Car has to go into a garage ( more money , sigh )

Hope you guys are having a good time. I am soooo missing this. Will read here and try console my self, the malts I was bringing may assist in that !

Clear Skies

Pete

Thanks for that. Trust me , I am missing you lot as well. Was really looking forward to it . The car will be sorted Monday . I will be with you all in spirit ( hic ) and will just have to wait till CSP 5 . Hope you guys get great skies. I will toast you all later tonight ( when the house bar opens , lol )

Clear Skies

Pete

Archived