Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 4 - Nov 18th & 19th

Of course you are. I hope Jane can make it aswell, actually she is before you on the list. Ladies first.

A bit of bad news folks - Alan cannot make CSP4. It is his younger Sons birthday. Here is an early Happy Birthday - Happy birthday Michael. Alan, please don't forget the candles for the cake -It would be like having a tent and forgetting the poles. :D

Speak to you all soon

Nina

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course you are. I hope Jane can make it aswell, actually she is before you on the list. Ladies first.

Yes, Jane will be coming along too. She's a bit concerned about camping in mid November, but I have assured her a few wee drams will keep her plenty warm.

A bit of bad news folks - Alan cannot make CSP4. It is his younger Sons birthday. Here is an early Happy Birthday - Happy birthday Michael. Alan, please don't forget the candles for the cake -It would be like having a tent and forgetting the poles. :D

Thats a real shame. Who's going to put on the entertainment this time then? :)

Hi Mike,

I am intending to arrive on the Wednesday afternoon.

I am thinking of doing bird watching on the Solway at some period over my visit.

Are you planning to swim in the Solway on Friday am or birdwatching at WWT Caerlaverock? There is 450 Pintails there at the moment.

I was thinking of doing some walks in the area as well.

Nina, sorry to see that John (LongJohn54) has cancelled, I am bringing my longjohns though!!!!!!!

Looking forward to the event.

Cheers

Adrian

Hello all,

Looking ahead a bit here...

I'm moving up to Northumberland this month and these star parties seem like a good thing, especially the bacon butties! I can't make CSP4 but would like to come to another one soon - anybody interested in one some time at the beginning of 2012? Nina very kindly says she doesn't mind doing another one around then and has suggested I ask on this thread what people think.

Just judging interest...

Tom

Hi everyone.

Just checked the weather for our weekend and it is looking good. Lets hope it stays like that.

There is a fishing competition in the ponds opposite our house on the Sunday. I will find the link and pop it on here if I can. Just thought some people may be interested.

I do not mind having another CSP sometime in 2012.

I could not get the couch I was talking about but I am looking for another one. We will be cosy. Wish I had a set up like Galloway camp site for you all.

Speak soon

Nina

Hi Tom,

Are you bringing the whiskey to go with the bacon rolls?

I will bring the Ouzo and haggis.

Incidentally, I had haggis flavoured crisps at the Galloway SP. I will try and get some more in Aylesbury next week.

Anyway, it will be great to meet up with you again.

Cheers

Adrian

Boo hoo, I still have not got us a couch. I have had Abs the horse in the field though, getting all that grass cut/eaten nice and short for us.

Jonathan and Lorne, so pleased you can both make it.

We needs some flapjack to go with all this whiskey

See you all soon

You could try Impact Housing in Nelson St Carlisle Nina.

They have stuff like that from home clearance.

Worth a look if you get into Carlisle. Don't know what kind of price they will ask for though, unless there is one going FOC. :)

Ron.

Thats a real shame. Who's going to put on the entertainment this time then? :)

Err , youwhoooooooooooooooooo :)

I will be in attendance Terry et al :) Sadly David cannot make it , I think age has finally caught up with him. :) This of course means that we will at least get a guid nights sleep:hello2:, and the tent I am in will have fresh clean fragrent air, even though he will be sorely missed ( my Malt won't , of course , miss him, HA ! )

So it's the single act for entertainment folks, I make my apologies here and now! It's all banter with me and nothing personal, just guid observational ( boom boom:) ) comedy .

Looking forward to seeing old (Tom?) friends and of course meeting new one's. Hope to be down afore dark o'clock on Friday to pitch me tent .

Clear Skies

Pete

Thanks for that Ron, I will have a little look in there on Monday. I totally forgot about there. I hope you will be able to pop into CSP4 for a while. You are more than welcome.

Speak soon

Nina

I will try to get across to Longtown. The 18th is my Birthday, so the Mrs may have plans I'm unaware of as yet. She's very adept at springing surprises :).

Archived