Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 4 - Nov 18th & 19th

@ Terry:

I don't know enough about the detail of the illuminated dust on M45 so I may well have added a few extra million tons to my photo in the process!

Anyway, I learned a lot from that night. For a first photo using my new camera I'm happy with the result but know that it can be so much better.

Thats not bad. I think you are still short on a couple of trillion tonnes of blue hazy dust though, but at least you have all the stars in the frame! So I wont embarrass myself by posting my rather poor effort.

Did you manage any of the blueness or did DSS wipe it all out? [EDIT - doh! its a monochrome sub]

Anyway good start, look forward to seeing more from your kit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cracking. I've discovered that collecting the data is only half the solution :)

Nice one Robbie. You've even exterminated the bunnies too.

You can see my humble effort on Flickr. Unfortunately with the setup I can't get it all in the frame, may just try it with the EOS and zoom on the mount. Hopefully things will improve when I get my hands on the AA 115/805 F7 :)

• 1 month later...

Archived