SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

91 frame mosaic in poor seeing.

MikeD

Shame about the seeing on Friday (like looking through a fish tank) but after breaking down my DSO imaging train to set up for some Luna imaging I thought what the hell and went for it anyway.

The resulting 2000 frame AVI's @ 60 FPS (through a extended 2x barlow, red filter and 10" newt) were not of good enough quality to process each indavidualy with care, so I batch processed the lot through AVI Stack on default auto processing (except wavelets) and went to bed.

Saturday evening while the wife and kids were watching X factor seemed like a good time to put the resulting raw stacks through some wavlets in registax 5.

The results were a little disappointing with no real fine detail comming through ,I guess too many bad frames were let through with the auto batch stacking but the data was not good enough to warrent the time it would take to process manualy.:)

Here is the result @ 50% of full size.

A full size crop (a little messy):) , 11 frames from an Avi as a gif( reduced to 50%) and a shot from imerge with the feather trim set to 70 to show the tiles.

Thanks for looking.

Mike.

moonMosaic-91-07-10-11-50.jpg

post-13376-133877674781_thumb.jpg

post-13376-133877674788_thumb.gif

post-13376-133877674799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is Stunning!! I have only just started to image the moon using my SPC900, nothing fantastic as my focusing skills are not too hot yet and the seeing has been pretty poor. I am thnking now I want to have a go at a mosaic and if I can get it half as good as that ill be a happy bunny....well done :)

How do you post big pictures like that?

I host the image on the web space provided to me by my ISP and then image

tag that page using the "insert image" button on SGL when composing the thread.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike.

still not really sure how to do it, iv tried clicking on the insert image and pasting the address of my pic in but it hasnt come up? Must be doing something wrong?

That's strange, it sounds like you are doing it right, post the link to the image here so I can try.

Mike.

Thanks again guys for the comments.;)

If thats with poor seeing, I will be blown away when you get some good seeing!

Thanks Mike.

There would have been a lot more fine detail if the seeing had been good. Plato is always a good test, you should be able to see at least five craterlets within Plato. As you can see There is none in my image.

I am pleased with the over all result but I know it could have been so much better under the right conditions.:rolleyes:

Mike.

Archived