NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MEMBERS ON SGL

spaceboy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On balance I think you probably made the right decision. I was always committed for the full weekend so it was just a bonus to get a bit more observing in. I abandoned the mak because I was getting dizzy watching little circles of stars spinning round in the wind. The frac on wide field stuff was much more stable!

Journey home was much better, nice to be back to home comforts again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am new. I have been in love with the sky for a while. I just like to look up. I have some binoculars that I use too but I am happy just to look up and say hello to Orion each day. I am doing a paper for my English class and am wondering what makes people stargaze? I know why I do. It is awesome yet relaxing and I feel so small when I look at everything that I see and I realize that I only see a tiny, tiny spec of what is out there. So..why do you look at the stars?

Hello, I am new. I have been in love with the sky for a while. I just like to look up. I have some binoculars that I use too but I am happy just to look up and say hello to Orion each day. I am doing a paper for my English class and am wondering what makes people stargaze? I know why I do. It is awesome yet relaxing and I feel so small when I look at everything that I see and I realize that I only see a tiny, tiny spec of what is out there. So..why do you look at the stars?

It satisfies the scientist and the collector in me.

I always want to see more and know more.

ps. congrats to Spaceboy on your 1st anniversary here. You are indeed the fastest poster in the West! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody, I just started at this moment.

Thank you very much for accepting me. I am a newcomer to astrophysics, my focus is on MRI and PET medical imaging and I am also starting to learn the tools of the trade of research in this field next February.

I will, if you allow, download images for my research purposes, with no publication of any material. If I need any further step or authorization for that please let me know.

I work from home in Portugal, near by the Cabo da Roca in a relatively light polution free zone.

I am afraid I have only acceptable images of one star, the Sun as seen from the rock cliffs into the Ocean to post. So take me please as a complete learner.

The random question dis not accept Jupiter Saturn Uranus and Neptune as Planets with rings, just Saturn. I wonder why.

I especially appreciate scientific interpretations of images. For instance star nurseries, polips and other media in nebula and most especially media density changes across local star groups and other large areas.

Thank You.

Hi Manel Rosa Martins,

Firstly welcome to SGL :)

If you are going to download and use ANY images from ANY of the members of SGL then you need to contact the original poster of the image and ask permission.

I would imagine that most would be happy to help assuming that credit of the imager is made.

But it is important to ask first, then use...

Cheers

Ant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived