Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

paulobao

vdB 142 in IC1396 (33 hours data)

Hello all,

This was part of my summer project (the other part was the NGC6888 + Cygnus bubble in false RGB....but the weather ruined my plans and I only have the Ha data :)).

Here the data of the image:

Tak. FS102NSV @ 632mm

QSI532WS-M1 from -10ºC to -20ºC

Date: started the 29th of July and ended the 29th of August

Ha - 13 hours

OIII - 10 hours

SII - 10 hours

Processed in the Hubble palette with aditional Ha signal for the Luminance.

I have 14 proofs for "processing version 1" untill now and I let you here one of them.

Regards,

paulo

vdb142mixv5223v5222comh.jpg

And a 100% crop of the trunk

vdb142mixv5223v5222comh.jpg

Well Paolo, all I can say is that your summer certainly wasn't wasted - This is one of the best HST palette images I've seen - Right up there with the very best. Beautiful colours and incredible detail...!

My goodness, that's a superb image. Are you sure you did not book time to use the Hubble space telescope!!

Very fine indeed Paolo. The narrowband brings enormous structural detail. It is fascnating to compare this with broadband versions. I reckon I will PM you with an idea!

Olly

Wow, probably one of the most memorable Elephant Trunk images that I've seen .

I like the generally soft tone to it.

Wow.. Paulo that's fantastic. I'm blown away with it, I just love this palette. Inspiring stuff.

Thanks to all for the kind comments that make me very happy :-).

Too many nights without sleeping indeed (I have not automatized my AP sessions...but on the other hand I can ear the silence and see some firing objects entering the atmosphere!).

regards,

paulo

One word, STUNNING.

So smooth and awesome colours. Sometimes wonder about the Hubble Pallet and this image just convinces me that bit more it is something I may want to play with.

Congrats on an image you should wall mount.

Thanks again for all the very kind replies :-).

At this moment I'm constructing a false RGB with the NB channels...not that easy (I'm comparing it to the "6 star" image of this object made at the Cappela observatory in pure RGB, mainly to see how the colours should be). I will post the result shortly.

Cheers,

paulo

Regards,

paulo

Hold on a minute as i lift my jaw of the floor.That is an absolute gem of a shot.Silky smooth,stunning colour and detail.

Thanks to all again. I was very busy for a while and only saw these comments today.

I'm thinking in a new version of it, that I will post when ready.

Cheers,

paulo

Paulo, I think that this is maybe your best to date. Astoundingly good, reminds me of your first posts on the forum and that beautiful M42.

Excellent stuff!