Hello from Mansfield, UK

halo1234

Hi from cloudy Mansfield. I'm hopefully collecting a new scope in the next few days & found this forum very helpful in making my decision. Prior to my son being born I was an avid astro imager. Something I regret is bypassing the viewing & locating experience. Spending most of my time imaging. I decided to sell up to help fund a loft conversion, plus with baby & work commitments I couldn’t justify the cost vs. the time I was using the equipment. Now my kids are a little older & very interested in space, although the bombardment of extremely in depth questions can be a challenge. So I thought I might buy another scope.

So hopefully I will have a Skyliner 300 dob in the next few days & I look forward to being a more casual observer. Will be quite a difference going from an LX200 to a Dob, so will be looking for advice of how to locate things without goto.

Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi halo i have the said scope, and you only just round the corner from me,just the other side of sutton ,the lx200 is a great scope so are the sw300p,i love mine and have it on a dob base surely you could have not forgot were things are in the skies above ,not far away for a nightunder the stars and there is a few on sgl local

cheers

Hi Halo and welcome to SGL :)

Drop by the EMS social group (click link in my signature below) and leave an intro if you fancy meeting up with local Nottingham astronomers. We have two dark sites and meet regularly during the darker nights for observing sessions :(

Hi Halo1234,

Welcome to sgl and also in cloudy mansfield!. There is a group East Midlands Stargazers on the lounge you should check out. We have two dark sites, one in sawley and one in Belper.

Main scope is 10" lx, plenty of dob owners in the group!.

Best Regards

Damian

Archived