Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 4.30am 1st go at it

trudie

Thats a cracker! Bet you are chuffed with it :D

I saw Jupiter one morning about 6 weeks or so ago but could not see any detail on it. Might have to get the webcam on it now I have seen that image.

Thanks all,

I must admit it was worth getting up at 3am for, but am feeling the effects now !

Detail through the scope was much better than captured but that is probably down to my focussing and processing technique, will have another go later.

1 question is it better to capture as many frames as poss, that one was 90seconds @ 5fps?

This one is 30 seconds @5fps

Regards

Trudie

I love it Trudie. :D

I noticed Jupiter peaking through a gap in some trees from my back garden this morning at 05:30 as I left for work. I am tempted to try for an image myself as I have the next few days off work.

I'd be well chuffed if I could get anything nearly as good as yours. :D

Thats a cracking picture esp. considering how low the planet is this year. :D

The more frames the better, but Jupiter will show rotation after around 3 minutes (depending on your imaging setup) so keep it below that.

Archived