NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi

Lightfoot

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on here and introduce myself, I'm a total newby to astronomy although I have always had a passing interest.

I have just bought a Skywatcher 127 SynScan so my passing interest seems to have developed a bit more and I'm waiting for my first clear night.

I live near Heathrow so I suppose I will suffer from LP but I'm not sure how badly, thanks to reading threads on here I'm already pretty sure what filter I need to cut this down but any recommendations will always be welcome.

I have already taken some excellent advice from this forum and I'm now reading Infinity Rising and waiting for Turn left at Orion to arrive.

Anyway, once again Hi All, nice to be here.

Tim

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL. Unfortunately there is no real solution to combating light pollution but I would recommend you get a dew shield that will both protect the objective from stray light and dew. A simple camping mat rolled up and taped will do. A search of the forum will tell you all you need.

Archived