NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quality clouds in South Wales

Andy McK

Hi one and all, this site came highly recommended so here I am,

Just bought a Newtonian 900/114" Helos of 'tweb. came with a small selection of lenses, 20, 10 and a x2 Barlow.

Last time i looked throo a 'scope, I was a child (v long ago)

Put it all together and had a look at the moon, my first wow moment.

then found saturn (wow moment no2)

the after a slight cough and a bang on the tube, found pluto.

(Wow no3)

So, Live in Port Talbot, S Wales, UK, basically at sea level and light polution, is a magor problem. So, whent to my daughters (middle of nowhere) and proceeded with the afore mentioned wow's.

Since this is Wales, on the coast, the clouds love it so i have to learn some patience, (:)(

anyhoo. all the best.

Andy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Andy,

Welcome to SGL.

You haven't got the clouds all to yourself, yesterday I spent all afternoon in the garden painting the shed in glorious sun. Thought this looks good for to-night, what a pr*t, come ten o'clock wall to wall grey stuff. Like you say us stargazers must be amongst the most patient people on earth.

Anyway enjoy your scope when you can.

i will confirm that the cloud seems to be settled over south wales! welcome to the forums. Have spent most of the week looking at cloud and cleaning equipment! does give time to read the forums though! and look at buying even more expensive equipment!

Archived