Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter July 26, 2011 - 14:17:17 UTC

frewi808

You managed that with a DFK?? I thought you needed a filter wheel/mono camera to pull off colour pics of that standard! I feel inclined to go grab myself a DBK21 this week after seeing those. I mean I know you're using a powerful telescope in a good region but I'm surprised how on par the colour versions are to the mono. Could even say they came out even better?

Freddy your C14 is certainly earning its keep.

All your images of Jupiter are lovely and nicely processed. Good to see how the cameras capture so differently. I'm seriously considering purchasing one of the Imaging source cameras now.

Can you share your capture and processing process ?

Lovely early images Freddy, can i ask what your impressions of the new camera are. im hoping to have one soon. can i ask why you didnt shoot at 60 fps with the new mono. has the artifact problem been truely solved do you know. once again great images.

Fabulous. Can't wait to get my new modded DMK21 pointing at old Jove too, though I suspect Hawaii may have the edge over London seeing-wise.

What's the elevation for the monster in Hawaii at the moment then?

Thanks all

@ King, yes I love my DFK21AU04.as color camera, when seeing is great it performs well, but when seeing is unstable maybe you have better results with the DMK mono with filters.

If you're going to buy a color camera then wait for the DBK21AU618.as that will come out after summer, then you can image @60fps and stack dubble the amount of frames and gives a much better detailled result.

Freddy

@ Spikey,

Wait for the new line of DMK or DBK TIS camera's with the new 618 sensor, the DMK is shipping already the color version will be out after summer.

My prosessing is really complicated, because I have not that great seeing all the time here so I run my images throu a lot of software, BUT when seeing is great then it deos not need much after Registax just a little bit sharpening in PS Unsharp mask and some gaussian or median blur that's all.

May mainly prosessing routine is, Vdub / Ninox / Registax 6/ AstraImage decon. and Gamma / PS Unsharp mask / Fits work for smoothening and color balance a bitsy..

Freddy

@ Neil, well Neil the IR807 filter is a bitsy dark and grainny when using 60fp I have to work on that issue a bitsy more to get better results, but when Jupiter is brighter or Venus that will a smaching result, for now it's better to use the IR742 filter.

The DMK21AU618 performs well, man all that insane speed, I love it, can't wait to get the DBK21AU618 color as well, so 3 minutes will give 11000 frames on Jupiter, well that's still with in the rotation limit...

Freddy

If you're going to buy a color camera then wait for the DBK21AU618.as that will come out after summer, then you can image @60fps and stack dubble the amount of frames and gives a much better detailled result.

Freddy

I was planning on getting the DBK 21AU04.AS which also can do 60fps. Evidently the one you mention has a bigger number so is better somehow but what's the difference? Better optics/superior chip?

The 'old' DBK has artifact and onion rings imaging at 60fps, the new one DBK21AU618 suppose to have no artifact when imaging at 60fps.

Planning to get the same color one, The DMK21AU618 had no artifact so that might look promising for the color version also.

Freddy

The 'old' DBK has artifact and onion rings imaging at 60fps, the new one DBK21AU618 suppose to have no artifact when imaging at 60fps.

Planning to get the same color one, The DMK21AU618 had no artifact so that might look promising for the color version also.

Ah, I guess I'll go with that. The temptation was to grab something for the very late Saturn show before it disappears so I can get some better colour snaps but if there's anything I've learned from astronomy it's that the patient way is always the best way.

Thanks for the info!

Archived