Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Keeping my oar in :)

Beyond_Vision

Even though it's not the best time of year for DSO imaging I just couldn't pass up the opportunity on Sunday as the skies were clear as a bell. As it was work the next day I set the alarm to wake up a couple of times in the night to check the rig then covered over at 3.00am to do some darks then up at 5.40am to pack away. Despite the lack of sleep this gave me a good buzz actually getting some astro done and work seemed to pass by quickly :)

Needs some more time and darker skies but it feels good to get something done.

This is the Eastern Veil NGC6992 and consists of 16x10 minutes frames 

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture1211

Regards

Kevin

Very nice Kevin, I like the rich colourful star field. You did well to get over 2.5 hours of data!

..I set the alarm to wake up a couple of times in the night to check the rig then covered over at 3.00am to do some darks then up at 5.40am to pack away

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you single? Because I'd have been castrated for such behaviour! :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you single? Because I'd have been castrated for such behaviour! :)

Hmmm, that's got me wondering about Kevin:rolleyes:

Great to have another image from you Kevin, fine work as always

Doesn't everyone do this??? :) I keep my remote control laptop by my bedside, and set an alarm for everytime I think I will need to do something. I have a very understanding wife, with a decent pair of earplugs :(

Ah, good to see you producing something again Kev, very nice this one too, the stars have kept the colour nicely which can be tricky with the OSC's.

Tim

Very nice Kevin, I like the rich colourful star field. You did well to get over 2.5 hours of data!

@ Shibby

LOL , like TJ I have a very understanding wife and enough kids to fill a minibus :)

Thanks ags and Nadeem for the nice comments too :(

Regards

Kevin

Archived