Hi from Shropshire

petek314

I thought I would just like to introduce myself to SGL. I have been interested in Astronomy for many years and bought my 12.5 " dobo in 1990. In the last few years I have managed to build a roll off roof observatory (my wife calls the shed) and mounted the Meade 10" on a homemade pier. At first I was interested in deep sky and have tried imaging galaxies using the Meade DSI IIc camera but I am also interested in moon and planets. I have dabbled in spectrometry with a Star Analyser and lately have been interested in double stars and used Reduc software to measure PA and seperation. I have browsed the site and found a wealth of information and helpful advice. Can't understand why I didn't come across this site sooner. Many thanks Pete.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Pete, welcome to SGL from a fellow Salopian - whereabouts are you?

OT,but the name ampleamp rings a bell,did you sell a Meade 125 a few months ago? If so,i was pipped to it,but pushed the price up a fair bit for you AFAIR :hello2:

Archived