Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pictures of your set up

Viv

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great setup you have there Mark, 2 lovely scopes. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Vixen compared with the ED80.

Thanks mate :)

I am happy with my purchase and even just the initial views are looking very promising.

I put a short report together from the half hour of testing I have managed so far due to time constraints and the weather not playing ball.

http://stargazerslounge.com/observing-reports/160139-first-light-report-vixen-sp102m-f-10-a.html

I need to get a decent 1.25" Diagonal at the weekend which should only improve the performance of the Vixen refractor.

FYI I tested out your 35mm Panoptic on the ED80 and WOW its truly amazing.

Even under my light polluted skies the views were mighty impressive and sharp across 95% of the FOV all 4.4 degrees! :)

Its no comparision to the Baader 36mm it replaced. Night and day difference.

Surfing through Cygnus to Cassiopeia is a sight to behold. I cant wait to get it under some dark skies this weekend.

WOW!!, 4.4 degrees, that must have been truly amazing. Delighted you are happy with the Pan Mark, its a lovely ep and i must admit it wasn't easy to let it go.

Not surprised it really is that nice. Weighs a ton but the views sure make up for it!

Updated imaging kit.

Canon 1000D and 150P on NEQ6. QHY5 finder-guider. HP notebook in a box. Grass that needs cutting :)

Nice. I see you also have the obligatory garden trampoline.:)

Here's my widefield portable rig.

The white scope is a TMB 80/480 with a Starlight Xpress M25C and Televue reducer flattener, and the black one's a William Optics ZS80FD, with a DSI attached and used as a guidescope.

The DSI has since bitten the dust and been replaced by a Lodestar.

I'm going to add another very lightweight guidescope, or finder guider to this setup, replace the WO focuser with a Moonlite model, and have a dual imaging rig with the TMB shooting colour while the WO does mono...luminance or narrowband.

The mount is an HEQ5 pro run with EQMod, CDC as the planetarium program, PHD for guiding and Maxim for capture.

I would really like to build a second obsy for this rig, but I don't think I'll be allowed to get away with that somehow :)

Cheers

Rob

post-14403-13387769052_thumb.jpg

hi there,

this are my setups:

TS Carbon Newton 10" f/5

Mgen Standalone Autoguider (on Finderscope)

NEQ-6 Mount

Canon EOS 40d astromodified (name of the dslr may differ in other countries)

tsnewt1.jpg

TS 90/600 Triplet APO

look at my beautiful self-made "pizza-box-dewcap" :)

apo_sucher.jpg

Since two weeks I have a skywatcher maksutov 180/2700 in my possession. No pictures yet.

best regards

Tobias

Archived